DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will 2018 see the DJI MAVIC PRO II?

I just wish they’d stick a focus to infinity option in the GO app which can be mapped to a button on the controller, but it would be nice to have a 20MP camera, for photo’s, think the video is good enough with my current MP...

3dr had I believe 40000 units manufactured, barely sold 22000. They invested all of their capital into that stock. At this point the manufacturer has taken possession of the stock and plans to sell for pennies on the dollar to recup what they can. Funny thing is 3dr was co-founded by a disgruntled DJI employee. DJI actually offered to buy them outright before the downfall but that offer was “nicely” turned down.

This is why 3dr went out of business. Skip to 2:10 :)

I'd have a few more DJI aircraft if I didn't need to purchase different batteries, chargers and controllers. I like the Mavic Air's gimbal but there just isn't enough upgrades for me to abandon my MP. I was hoping for a slightly larger Mavic with a better camera. I drive to where I fly, prefer my CS 7" ultra bright and use a Titan amp so although I need something reasonably compact, I still don't need a pocket drone. The Mavic Air seems perfect for the folks on foot, bikes and scooters. Probably accounts for a large portion of the world. I told one of my buddies last night that he probably wouldn't see any promo video from DJI showing a bunch of out of shape old men sitting in chairs flying Mavic Air drones.

If DJI history repeats itself, we'll see the Mavic Pro 2 launched in 6 or 7 months.

Better camera, more crash avoidance and a passenger app is all I want for the Mavic 2. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy.
The rumors that I keep hearing are it's supposed to have a bigger gimbal better camera longer fly times I thinks it's supposed to be bummed up to like 40 min and the speeds are supposed to be bumped up to 50 mph rather than 40 in race mode

Here is my wish list:
  • two syncronized main cameras for true 3D image (to be enjoyed via new 3D DJI goggles)
  • some water resistance (ability to survive short periods of rain without need to do lenghy drying)
  • as much additional flight time as possible
  • Flux capacitor (ok, ok - I'm getting carried away here...)
I have heard about it possibly being water resistant because that would be really cool if it was but then again everything I keep hearing are just rumors and no real credible source because unfortunately that's how DJI operates

I certainly don't want a new iteration every year as it is bad for the wallet but with technological advancements, I think the MPII is due sooner rather than later.
Hell i'm stuck with a dead GoPro2 somewhere while it's already GoPro6 and beyond.

I would liken the introduction of the Mavic Air to what Apple came up with back then in their Macbook lineup Series. They introduced the MBA in 2008, it was lighter, smaller.. not that much powerful but still packs a punch for it's size.

I have heard about it possibly being water resistant because that would be really cool if it was but then again everything I keep hearing are just rumors and no real credible source because unfortunately that's how DJI operates

That's how every tech company operates! What are the exact specs of the Samsung Galaxy S9 or Note 9? Geez...

Normally I'm not a betting man, but I'd lay down cash on the odds that they will absolutely release a Mavic Pro 2 this year. Personally, I'd love to see competitors up their games and release new models to challenge and push DJI this year as well. It would be great to see some real innovation from 3DR, Yuneec, GoPro, and others that would help push the prosumer drone market to the next level.

GoPro stock has taken a hard hit since their introduction intro the drone market, if they make another attempt, it could be do or die for them in that arena. Like you said, I would love to see some strong competition also.

I think GoPro as a company is in major trouble. Anyone that wants one of their cameras already has one, and they don't have anything new or innovative to keep things going.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost