DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will a tablet fit on Mini 2 controller?

BrianA

Reactions
I have no experience with the DJI drones (MM2 on order) and this may sound like a dumb question. I was wondering if a tablet will fit on the controller. If so, what size would be recommended? I have an Samsung Tab A (2017) already and thought about using that instead of my cell phone. Any advice would be great while I'm waiting for my order to get delivered.

I have an IPad Air on mine but the DJI controller does not grip the tablet holder enough and the holder falls off the controller. My only answer to date is to put a carved wooden locking tab that grips the two rods on the controller and a hole in the tablet mount together.

YES

I use a samsung tab A 8" 2019 and use this extender from ebay, plus you can still use the android cable supplied with the mini 2. fits without streching
works 100 % holds perfectly.

UK eBay item number: but I expect you can get similar over the pond in the USA

I have no experience with the DJI drones (MM2 on order) and this may sound like a dumb question. I was wondering if a tablet will fit on the controller. If so, what size would be recommended? I have an Samsung Tab A (2017) already and thought about using that instead of my cell phone. Any advice would be great while I'm waiting for my order to get delivered.
You need an adapter to do that. Pretty much anything bigger than a cell phone won't fit in the RC's holder. The adapters take care of that problem.

So dumb question on my part but are you sure that Fly will run on the Tab A? Since it's a 2017 A series model I would think that it might be underpowered and or only have 32bit hardware and software

I don't know if it is 64bit but it does not have a compass. You can try installing the Fly app to see if it will install. If it's 32 bit it won't install or run.

So dumb question on my part but are you sure that Fly will run on the Tab A? Since it's a 2017 A series model I would think that it might be underpowered and or only have 32bit hardware and software
Something like this will work with a tablet up to 8". Only about $11

Reactions: Hiwayman
I currently use a Samsung Tab S7 but in order for this to function an adapter to accomodate the tablet is required along with a cable longer then that supplied, works really well.

Something like this will work with a tablet up to 8". Only about $11

Fyi I'm not in need of that, I was just pointing out to the OP that a 2017 A series tablet might not work. I run Tab S6 lites on all of my drones

Fyi I'm not in need of that, I was just pointing out to the OP that a 2017 A series tablet might not work. I run Tab S6 lites on all of my drones
May be just a convenient excuse to buy another tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661