DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will airplanes cause my mavic zoom to automatically land?

Arce101

Reactions
Well I fly in a somewhat congested area for airplanes 747s small airplanes but on my air map it shows that I’m not in any flight path yet they fly over and around me all the time because I can hear them it seems like when there’s An airplane around my Mavic will start to autoland therefore I would have to cancel it anybody had these issues

Well I fly in a somewhat congested area for airplanes 747s small airplanes but on my air map it shows that I’m not in any flight path yet they fly over and around me all the time because I can hear them it seems like when there’s An airplane around my Mavic will start to autoland therefore I would have to cancel it anybody had these issues

That seems odd. Could it be that your Mavic starts to land when you have crossed over into an NFZ? There is currently nothing on board the drone or in the RC that can detect an approaching aircraft.

That will come next year when DJI implements ADS-B.

I enabled nfz with nld so I can’t see how that’s happening

it seems like when there’s An airplane around my Mavic will start to autoland
Check out your flight log. It'll likely explain why it auto landed.

Reactions: WAXMAN and BigAl07
You can't fly into an NFZ, the drone bounces off the invisible wall.
But if it's launched inside the NFZ before getting GPS and identifying the NFZ, it will autoland soon after getting GPS.
Get your part 107. I use AirMap for clearance and it is very quick and reliable. I then fly with my CS... no problems. My favorite and closest area to fly is in the outer 100’ or so of an NFZ.

As already suggested by @msinger your flight logs may have the clues you're seeking. Post it up and someone can probably find the reason for the landing. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: Thomas B
Nope there is no tcas drones.

Get your part 107. I use AirMap for clearance and it is very quick and reliable. I then fly with my CS... no problems. My favorite and closest area to fly is in the outer 100’ or so of an NFZ.
Youtube shows many ways to bypass geofencing and fly next to an airliner. There will be always hackers to beat the system. Faa should focus on balloons grouped together flying in the air at 6500 ft. As an airline pilot during an approach into kgrr. I encountered a massive cluster of balloons. If those were taken in my engine, it would shut it down and a potential crash. Why are we not looking into that. I would take drone any day into an engine. Better odds of shutdown.

Had mine start landing itself after I uploaded unlock while in air.. came down restarted and I could fly but kept telling me I was in a NFZ .. I’m part 107 and flying two miles from a class g airport that’s not even open all year. No reason i can’t fly in the area.. no planes are ever under 400 feet

Reactions: Arce101
Youtube shows many ways to bypass geofencing and fly next to an airliner. There will be always hackers to beat the system. Faa should focus on balloons grouped together flying in the air at 6500 ft. As an airline pilot during an approach into kgrr. I encountered a massive cluster of balloons. If those were taken in my engine, it would shut it down and a potential crash. Why are we not looking into that. I would take drone any day into an engine. Better odds of shutdown.
I always wandered about balloons as well when I was flying fixed wing!

Reactions: Obsidian Sereniti
Airplanes will not force your drone to land, but a responsible pilot will land his drone as soon as he/she/it recognizes that there might be the risk of a collision.

Balloons fly and have a special status. They have to report to ATC as soon as they come closer to an airport.

@Arce101 wait....:rolleyes: you're still using the No Limit Dronez mod? Would it be reasonable to believe that a "modified" program you installed to bypass certain functions, is probably messing up your Drone? And, it may not help that you didn't get the repairs done to your drone a few months back, so there may be another underlying fault to the issue you are experiencing.

Reactions: BigAl07
I doubt it it still flys like a champ the only time I get that is when I’m gaining altitude very quickly it must be a fail safe and on another note repairing it wouldn’t solve any problems because it took a swim dji said I had to replace the whole drone and was gonna keep mine so I had to dish out 1000 dollars for a referbished drone then them keep mine ? That’s why I didn’t repair it bc I’m just getting a gimbal overload error now and a vision system error I can live with that Imu all working normally plus I never really use p mode bc I’m in sport most of the time I’m pretty confident in my skills so I land and take off manually so really all the safe gards mean nothing to me. Also my compass shows normal so really repairing the gimbal would be my best bet trying to find the cheapest route is my goal bc after I get a new one this will be my back up. Just saying

Nope, but they introduce a lot of interference.
So stay under 120m and away from them

Yes they do the one thing I miss about living in the country I could fly as far as my battery would let me no interference no disconnections

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn