DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will I kill an Avata 2

Cafguy

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am Debating myself: Should I spend the money on The Avata 2 fly more kit and then spend the extra 200 bucks for a "real" controller 3 ( Sorry but I'm an old school RC'er at heart and I am perfectly happy with sticks and ACRO or Horizon. If I want a "wand" I'll hit up the Harry Potter gift shop at Universal ).
I guess what I want to know is if I get the Avata 2 will My flying style kill it?
I am after all an addicted FPVer and this thing is- Its gonna see some action (not full-on Bando Freestyle) BUT I want it to be able to take a few licks like the Cinelogs Do. Do any of you Avata 2 owners (Who also Fly other FPV Drones) Dare fly your DJI in the same manner you would fly say your Diatone or speedybee. I will fly my Cinelog 30 thru a course without to much worry. Will it be the same if I Spend the cash on an Avata 2?
By the way I am planning on getting the new controller and goggles anyway.....The Air unit 4 can't be far away....Right?

Reactions: GFields
If you can swing the extra doe, why not? This is a question that only you can answer really. But if you are as you say, an addicted FPV pilot, I'd go for it.

Reactions: sarahb and Cafguy
For the past 6 months, I have been 100% MC only when flying DJI FPV and Avata 1. I really wanted to get to know the MC capabilities and I didn't want the RC to interfere with that. So far I am totally happy with the MC and feel comfortable taking the drone anywhere (whereas at first I didn't feel like I could go into tight spaces or long range with the MC). To me, there is no loss while using the MC but as you know, when you want to go manual mode you'll need the RC. So I say go with both!

Reactions: Cafguy
I may like the MC-- Maybe it will be fun. Worst case I can Ebay the MC. I usually fly in manual (or acro). ( I like Horizon on some whoops) So might be a learning thing.
I know the Avata 2 flies way better than the 1 and If I buy it now since I'm getting the other stuff, I see myself saving a few bucks (Even with purchasing the MC I probably will sell).
If the drone itself will stand hitting a few flags or debris now and then like my Geps.. ..well, That's a new drone in the hanger instead of the parts bin.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraggen