DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

will mavic mini work with a apple Ipad4

the reason for the bigger iPad is my tired old eyes can see the bigger iPad better. the bigger iPad will cover the sticks with the attached holder, but I don't look at the sticks anyway.

I did use my company ipad air 2 for a while when deciding what to buy, and it worked fine. Just my personal preference for a smaller tablet.

I have an old iPad 4 and no, definitely won't work. The Fly app won't even download. It has a 32bit CPU and the Fly app only works with 64 bit CPU's.
just finding that out, bought it on eBay, I'm going to send it back, ordered an iPad air1, I be leave this one will work.

My iPad air would beg to differ.
It can beg but it's not an upscaled iPhone app. It displays information differently to that on an iPhone. For one thing it uses the additional space to simultaneously show both the radar and the map.

Also, upscaled apps look like crap. :)

My apologies. I got sidetracked and thought we were talking about DJI GO, not Fly. It that's what it looks like it's pretty appalling.

Part of me expects better of DJI, part of me realises that's wishful thinking.
No problem, I did think that might be the case.

Its not great, but it is useable.

I must say I was surprised to find it didn't run at a native resolution. I've been sticking to my OnePlus but that's more because personally I find the iPad Air a bit too big/heavy.

Trouble is things "work" to a greater and lesser degree. What some people find acceptable is different to others. Just trying to give you all the info Thumbswayup
no problem, it's a friggen hobby, I never take things too serous some things are not that important. as you get older and mature a lot of things take on a new meaning. the very most important thing in your life is when you get up in the morning and find you are still breathing. you realize you made it through another night.
have a good day

no problem, it's a friggen hobby, I never take things too serous some things are not that important. as you get older and mature a lot of things take on a new meaning. the very most important thing in your life is when you get up in the morning and find you are still breathing. you realize you made it through another night.
have a good day
Good points well made.

Flying drones at 87, GG! :)

Reactions: pelagic_one
I sent for and received an iPad air1, got it yesterday, down loaded the GO 4, litchi app, and the Fly app, all work fine, of course the litchi app does not yet work with the mavic mini ( just keep hoping some day they will get the mini to be able to run the litchi app) just thought I'd pass this along. No the mavic mini won't run with the GO 4 app. Just the Fly app.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929