DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

will not enter pano mode

daveatpdx

Reactions
this morning for the second time my mavic 2 pro refused to enter pano mode. Single shot photographs worked fine. I tried different types of pano mode, to no avail. I landed and took off again; still would not work. No explanation provided. I have shot repeatedly in pano mode with this mavic without having this problem. I have shot pano mode from this same location many times. I have a 256 gig card and it was empty when the flight began. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Thanks

I had a similar predicament - until I realised Pano doesn’t work in Tripod mode [T] and switching over to Position Mode [P] made the Pano option available again.

Maybe unintentionally (or intentionally) the mode switch on the side of your controller has moved. Check that it is on [P] and pano mode should be available again.

Cheers

Brilliant! That sounds like my solution. I need to watch that switch; I keep forgetting about it. Thanks for your response.
By the way, with my mavic 1 I could switch into tripod mode during flight. When I try to do that with Mavic 2 pro, I get a message that I can't change mode during flight. It seems very impractical to have to fly in tripod mode to the place you want to shoot. Do you happen to know if there is a way to switch in and out of tripod mode midflight?

Reactions: guigen
Brilliant! That sounds like my solution. I need to watch that switch; I keep forgetting about it. Thanks for your response.
By the way, with my mavic 1 I could switch into tripod mode during flight. When I try to do that with Mavic 2 pro, I get a message that I can't change mode during flight. It seems very impractical to have to fly in tripod mode to the place you want to shoot. Do you happen to know if there is a way to switch in and out of tripod mode midflight?

[emoji106] great!

Yes, there’s a setting in the DJI GO App you need to change before your next flight. Go to ‘Main Controller Settings’ then Enable ‘Multiple Flight Modes’. That should have it working like your Mavic 1 from then on so you can change modes in flight.

That setting was new to me too, coming from a Spark, where mode selection didn’t need to be enabled.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom