DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will older models have a price drop after Mav 3 release?

Berf

Reactions
I'm just curious, in the past when DJI releases a new model, do the older models experience a price drop?

I'm currently looking at the Air2S fly more kit with the Smart Controller for $1800 and wondering if I should wait to order until after the new Mavic 3 is out.

I'm also curious what the price of the Mavic 3 Fly More kit with the controller will cost, but I don't find any price info on this particular package.

Not that I've noted... The Mini may have changed a little when the Mini 2 came out, and thats in basically the same model series.. I would not expect the Air2 or Air2S to alter price, when the Mavic 3 comes out because its a new Pro Drone that has not been updated for a few years over the previous Pro series models

At a guess, not by much, Mavic Mini prices held up for quite a while after the release of the Mini 2, they are down a bit now but how much seems to depend onhow well they are advertised. I am going by winning prices on ebay auctions etc. NOT by sellers' asking prices.

As a longer term member of this forum pointed out to me, when folks face up to the fact that the M3 is really expensive, more may gravitate to the 2S. That combined with the general supply chain issues in the electronics industry could keep prices up, or even result in an increase. All of which is to say none of us has a crystal ball...

I'm just curious, in the past when DJI releases a new model, do the older models experience a price drop?

I'm currently looking at the Air2S fly more kit with the Smart Controller for $1800 and wondering if I should wait to order until after the new Mavic 3 is out.

I'm also curious what the price of the Mavic 3 Fly More kit with the controller will cost, but I don't find any price info on this particular package.

History suggests it doesn’t. Why? Idk. I started a thread that suggests my M2P is now more expensive to replace the what I had purchased for originally. At the bottom of our forum shows current prices. On Amazon based on “packages” DJI affiliates, it is in fact more than what I’ve paid. The actual stand alone unit is the same. They appear to retain their value. I doubt that the 3 based on price leaks will purposely contend up against other priced DJI drones. That’s the best I got. I find it semi-quizzical. Other perspectives obviously welcome. Fly safe & Godspeed, Droniac (4/3 sensor is sweet…). Doin need it? Mmmmm….

Reactions: Chris4koi
Would expect the M3 to be in a higher price class so not directly competing with the Air series, so probably not. But obviously nobody knows for sure...
They want you to know imo. Godspeed, Droniac

Nope.

They don’t want you to get the leaks? Is that your position? Elaborate or sticking with brevity. lol. I’m interested in your nope. 🤷🏻 Either way, Flysafe and Godspeed from across the pond. Droniac

Here is something that puzzles me a bit.

According the price leak webpage Mavic 3 retail price confirmed. Higher than we anticipated.

The difference between the Fly More package and just the Mavic 3 itself is $750
Yet when I look at the difference in cost of the Air2S versus the Air2S with the Fly More package it is only a $300 difference. And when looking at the Mavic Air2, I see its cost of the Fly More package is simliar, if not less, than the Air2S package.

So why is the Fly More Package listed at over TWICE the cost on the Mavic 3??

I'm wondering if we can really believe the posted prices on that webpage. They seem way out of whack to me. The only explanation I can think of would be if the Fly More Package on the Mavic 3 also included the new Smart Controller. If that is the case, then it would seem like a good deal.

Reactions: Droniac
Here is something that puzzles me a bit.

According the price leak webpage Mavic 3 retail price confirmed. Higher than we anticipated.

The difference between the Fly More package and just the Mavic 3 itself is $750
Yet when I look at the difference in cost of the Air2S versus the Air2S with the Fly More package it is only a $300 difference. And when looking at the Mavic Air2, I see its cost of the Fly More package is simliar, if not less, than the Air2S package.

So why is the Fly More Package listed at over TWICE the cost on the Mavic 3??

I'm wondering if we can really believe the posted prices on that webpage. They seem way out of whack to me. The only explanation I can think of would be if the Fly More Package on the Mavic 3 also included the new Smart Controller. If that is the case, then it would seem like a good deal.
With a rumored flight time of 46 minutes sounds like batteries will be more expensive.199-229??Even if true,that's a gap on the flymore.The $1999 makes great marketing sense.

Reactions: Droniac
Everyone and their dog knows the M3 is coming, so most of the price drop should be priced into the used market already. Also, for those buying new, the Air 2S is roughly equal to or better than a M2P in most ways aside from the variable aperture for only $999.

If M3 availability is very poor, that should help bolster the used market price of the M2P a bit longer, but the Air 2S is the biggest competition for the used M2P's.

At this point, the pricing is staggered well, good thing I opted for the Air 2S as variable aperture wasn't a priority for me earlier this year. I still use my Mavic Pro 1 for stills.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll