DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will the Mavic pro battery work in Mavic 2

It is a larger battery and has a different design so does not fit.

Reactions: Former Member
It would have been so nice of DJI to make the MP batteries fit the M2. They designed the Phantom 4 Pro to fit the P4 batteries, and the P4P was a completely different bird. Guess they didnt have the customers with tons of extra MP batteries in mind. They did allow the MPP to use the same battery as the MP as well as the Alpine White. New batteries for the M2 are $119 and so far I have only seen them for sale at DJI.

This is what happens when 1 company owns a market. A phrase attributed to Henry Ford, "‘Any customer can have a car painted any colour that (s)he wants so long as it is black.’

It would have been so nice of DJI to make the MP batteries fit the M2. They designed the Phantom 4 Pro to fit the P4 batteries, and the P4P was a completely different bird.
They weren't that different. At least they were the same generation, just like the Platinum and Alpine White were pretty much just Mavic Pros with a minor tweak.

The Phantom 3 batteries did not fit in the Phantom 4 lineup, for example.

I'm not surprised a new frame that has more sensors, a bigger, heavier camera and bigger motors and propellers has a battery that is physically larger as well.

Reactions: dekip
What about the battery charger?, will the mp1 charger work for MP2?, Just thinking if I need a new charging hub
Charging hub has changed also! I was hoping that some of the accessories would be the same but the hub is different.

Reactions: Former Member
How well can you forge Neil Armstrongs signature? Might be worth more.

You are in luck.
My speciality is forging astronauts signatures.

I can do you Neil's for whatever it is the Mavic Pro 2 costs.

I got my box of crayons too so you can have it in any colour you want for the price of a second battery.

Slightly off topic but still with compatibility and don't answer unless you're 100% sure. Given the batteries are different in terms of capacity/shape have they retained the same connector and will the charger/hub/USB power bank adapter work. My guess is no but it has a bearing on what I may retain.

Assume props are not compatible?

Will a remote protector (to hold joysticks preventing movement) still fit the new remote? Is the pitch the same?

In any case if you know anyone living in east central Scotland I'm selling my MP fly more bundle including boxes and case + Platinum props for £750. No crashes, works perfectly. Just managed to get my order through for the M2P after my CC kept declining and blocking my card - PayPal probably the better option.

M2P has a 4 cell, M1P has a 3 cell battery. Thats where they're not going to simply work.

4S is a bit help hopefully.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven