DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will this 4k monitor work for editing photos on my laptop?

RonanCork

Reactions
Hey Guys,

For my drone photography (I also do video editing in Resolve too) I want to get a good large 4k monitor as I currently use my 15" laptop (which is 4k screen) for editing- not ideal!

I saw this one online (LG 32" 4k-UHD) looks good but wanted to get your thoughts on if it would work with my laptop (DELL Precision 5540, i7)

I've attached a few screenshots of system information and graphics details with this post.

Any guidance or advice would be great

Thanks Ro

Attachments

• resolution+settings.jpg
    resolution+settings.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 10
  • graphics_card_details.jpg
    graphics_card_details.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 11
  • system_details.jpg
    system_details.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 10
I have my monitors mounted on a Varidesk so I have to keep the weight down. As such, 2 27" monitors, 2 of the LG 27UL850 monitors. They're pretty accurate for color and I also calibrate them with an XRite i1Display Plus (a little overkill for this, but I wanted the higher LUX capability for my HDTV). I use my Microsoft Surface Book 2 with the Surface Book 2 Dock 2 to drive them, and that works great with DaVinci Resolve 17.x (I purchased the full version).

Hey Guys,

For my drone photography (I also do video editing in Resolve too) I want to get a good large 4k monitor as I currently use my 15" laptop (which is 4k screen) for editing- not ideal!

I saw this one online (LG 32" 4k-UHD) looks good but wanted to get your thoughts on if it would work with my laptop (DELL Precision 5540, i7)

I've attached a few screenshots of system information and graphics details with this post.

Any guidance or advice would be great

Thanks Ro
I actually Bought a 42" 4k HDR Smart TV and use it as my monitor for my AMD Threadripper 3970x 32core Desktop. The only difference between a "computer Monitor" and an HDTV 4K is the refresh rates. And the 4K HDTV has a higher resolution than most computer monitors at 1/3 the price. The cost of computer monitors is dependent on their refresh rates. Gamers need really high monitor refresh rates. This drives monitor prices up. With Video and Image editing a 4K HDTV will give you what you need at 1/3 the cost. You get A LOT more "real estate" on the screen of an HDTV 4K as well. And, No Flickering issues. Another plus, is you can use it to watch TV and Internet without the computer, if you want. If you're a gamer, don't by an HDTV, you will need a high refresh rate computer monitor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000