DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will you buy a Mini? What will you use it for?

I bought one for my truck console or easily move to my harley saddlebag. I have the mpp, ma, spark and a stupid little tellow. But the mini just seems to be a grab and go drone. No planning, its already in the glovebox. Ever been somewhere and thought ****, I wish I had a drone with me?
I know, you can do that with any drone. I'm just trying to justify my purchase to myself.

I am actually thinking of buying the Mini, as I don’t use my M2P enough to justify keeping it. It seems to be not quite the “grab ‘n’ go” drone, which the Mini looks more like it is. I know the quality is worse, video/ picture won’t come out as nice as the M2P... The appeal that I don’t have to register it in every country I travel to is also important (I will still have to register it in Europe, as it has a camera, but I can manage that).

Doubting on whether I should wait to sell my M2P or buy the MM already and see which one I would use more (I am also traveling to Brazil in December and the MM would be perfect to take with me!)

Doubting on whether I should wait to sell my M2P or buy the MM already and see which one I would use more (I am also traveling to Brazil in December and the MM would be perfect to take with me!)
No reason to sell your M2P because of the Mini!
I have a 3 year old Mavic Pro and have ordered a Mini, but not for replacing my Pro, because they are quite different in capabilities. For travelling or an "always with me drone" the Mini is perfect but the Pro is very superior in top speed, strong wind handling and especially range and link reliability. And also in some camera properties. I also casn fly it with the superior DJI Goggles. So gthe Mini is just a complement, not a replacement.

I was thinking; does the fact that it doesn't seem to have LiPo batteries affect how the batteries should be treated when flying? As in, can you put it in the luggage compartment without declaring it, etc?

I was thinking; does the fact that it doesn't seem to have LiPo batteries affect how the batteries should be treated when flying? As in, can you put it in the luggage compartment without declaring it, etc?

The Mavic Mini uses Lithium Ion (Li ion) batteries but the airlines don't distinguish between LiPo and Li ion in regard to their Luggage related policies.

Reactions: JoostGT3
If it had "follow me" mode, I would definitely buy one. I'm fine with all the other shortcomings folks have mentioned, but I just wish it had follow me mode. Does anyone think it will be added in future firmware updates?

I'll probably still get one, but may wait until they hit the used market.

If it had "follow me" mode, I would definitely buy one. I'm fine with all the other shortcomings folks have mentioned, but I just wish it had follow me mode. Does anyone think it will be added in future firmware updates?

I'll probably still get one, but may wait until they hit the used market.

The consensus seems to be that DJI have had to omit certain features to keep the Mavic Mini's weight under 250g but marketing is also a crucial factor. They need to ensure that sales of the Mavic Air are not adversely impacted and I would think that leaving out "Active Track" is a result of a marketing decision.

The consensus seems to be that DJI have had to omit certain features to keep the Mavic Mini's weight under 250g but marketing is also a crucial factor. They need to ensure that sales of the Mavic Air are not adversely impacted and I would think that leaving out "Active Track" is a result of a marketing decision.
Hey, Pete! Thanks for the comments. I created a thread on this topic because I was worried the subject may get buried among other topics and comments. Please consider copying your comments to that thread.

Reactions: deleted member 877
No reason to sell your M2P because of the Mini!
I have a 3 year old Mavic Pro and have ordered a Mini, but not for replacing my Pro, because they are quite different in capabilities. For travelling or an "always with me drone" the Mini is perfect but the Pro is very superior in top speed, strong wind handling and especially range and link reliability. And also in some camera properties. I also casn fly it with the superior DJI Goggles. So gthe Mini is just a complement, not a replacement.

I know, but I also never got the hang of using the M2P to its full potential. Maybe I just need to invest some more time in learning how to use my M2P.

Ideally, yes, the MM would be a complement, but I need to use the M2P enough first :) Time to go back to some tutorials and outside I guess. Still want the Mini for travel though!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d