DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Win 10, the quality is poor. the video is 2.7K at 30fps

Ralle

Reactions
When I transfer Mini videos from my phone to Win 10, the quality is poor. the video is 2.7K at 30fps The TV is full hd.The video on the phone is great. I use a memory card reader for the transfer.?

When I transfer Mini videos from my phone to Win 10, the quality is poor. the video is 2.7K at 30fps The TV is full hd.The video on the phone is great. I use a memory card reader for the transfer.?
The phone caches low resolution copies of videos -- is that what you're downloading? You can download the full HD files from the Mini to your phone, but if you want them on your PC, the easiest thing to do is to use a USB card reader to download directly from the SD card.

The phone caches low resolution copies of videos -- is that what you're downloading? You can download the full HD files from the Mini to your phone, but if you want them on your PC, the easiest thing to do is to use a USB card reader to download directly from the SD card.
That’s how I do it. Thumbswayup

I download them from the mini micro sd card, with a card reader to the computer.They are bad there, but when I put a micro sd card in the phone then the videos are good. Why do windows ten turn them bad ?

Have you tried to read them with VLC player (one of the best free video player software ) ?

Reactions: Ralle
You're right, I tested 1080p works great:) thank you !!

To be honest I would only shoot at 1080p anyway. Other than Netflix 1080p is the standard. Though some places now do want 4K even though delivery is (and will be for years to come) 1080. I will have to dig out the Sony Technical paper on this as they discovered that on small screens (anything less than 70 inches) 4K is pointless over 1080. It is of benefit in a full sized cinema only for the first 10-15 rows. I know phones have 4K screens but this is marketing. IT is also pointless unless humans radically improve their vision system.... this is going to take lots on generations. You will have been dead a few 100's of years before that.

So unless you are shooting for Netflix, the BBC (wildlife), the Smithsonian etc or you so badly frame your video so you often need to crop and zoom stick with 1080p.

You may still want to shoot 2.7k as I do, if you upload to YouTube:
The way YouTube works is it encodes with a more performant codec (v9p) the 2.7k sources, than the 1080p sources (h264).
So, even if just like you, my setup only allows to watch 1080p, I upload 2.7k to YouTube, so that the image quality and compression artefacts are much better.
Ludovic

You are a little out of date here. All the major tv manufacturers are focused on 4K, and 4K blu-ray players are common.

The current new thing is HDR, and increased color gamuts.

All of this is quite apparent in good viewing conditions.

Reactions: Dawiz42
You are a little out of date here. All the major tv manufacturers are focused on 4K, and 4K blu-ray players are common.

The current new thing is HDR, and increased color gamuts.

All of this is quite apparent in good viewing conditions.

I AM VERY IN DATE. You will soon see 6 and 8K TV's These are the receivers not the broadcast system.
Yes there are 4K BluRay players However they are so last milenium. BluRay/DVD/CD are going the way of VHS & 12 vynal records. and few people use them these days.Only a few enthusiasts. It is all streaming services for the vast majority..

You are not , any time this decade, going to see the majority of the world receiving 1080p HD as broadcast TV. Normally HD is 720 and about 50% of the broadcast TV is SD anyway.
Many countries still cant reach even 50% of their population with internet that can deliver 4K. In the UK Netflix during the COVID lockdown has downgraded it's service because with everyone at home watching Netlix they could not deliver 4k to all the subscribers. They restricted it to 1080p

other than a 4K BlueRay all you are seeing is the up scaling on your TV.
As for you noticing the difference... it will depend on many things other than the transmission resolution.
The HDR , refresh rates etc. You can radically change the picture on a domestic TV with the local settings.

I AM VERY IN DATE. You will soon see 6 and 8K TV's These are the receivers not the broadcast system.
Yes there are 4K BluRay players However they are so last milenium. BluRay/DVD/CD are going the way of VHS & 12 vynal records. and few people use them these days.Only a few enthusiasts. It is all streaming services for the vast majority..

You are not , any time this decade, going to see the majority of the world receiving 1080p HD as broadcast TV. Normally HD is 720 and about 50% of the broadcast TV is SD anyway.
Many countries still cant reach even 50% of their population with internet that can deliver 4K. In the UK Netflix during the COVID lockdown has downgraded it's service because with everyone at home watching Netlix they could not deliver 4k to all the subscribers. They restricted it to 1080p

other than a 4K BlueRay all you are seeing is the up scaling on your TV.
As for you noticing the difference... it will depend on many things other than the transmission resolution.
The HDR , refresh rates etc. You can radically change the picture on a domestic TV with the local settings.
BTW 6K and 8K is just marketing !! The human eye CAN'T see the difference between the two. 4K is more than good enough !

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
BTW 6K and 8K is just marketing !! The human eye CAN'T see the difference between the two. 4K is more than good enough !
You know that...I know that... :)

Sony R&D said that on a small TV screen (sub 70 inches I think) 4K was pointless. It was only needed for full size cinema screens BUT it didn't stop Sony making Small 4K TV's and phones with 4K screens. It's marketing and sales.

You will now get a load of people saying they can see the difference to 10 decimal places when humans can't resolve past 5 places. :)

To be honest I would only shoot at 1080p anyway. Other than Netflix 1080p is the standard. Though some places now do want 4K even though delivery is (and will be for years to come) 1080. I will have to dig out the Sony Technical paper on this as they discovered that on small screens (anything less than 70 inches) 4K is pointless over 1080. It is of benefit in a full sized cinema only for the first 10-15 rows. I know phones have 4K screens but this is marketing. IT is also pointless unless humans radically improve their vision system.... this is going to take lots on generations. You will have been dead a few 100's of years before that.

So unless you are shooting for Netflix, the BBC (wildlife), the Smithsonian etc or you so badly frame your video so you often need to crop and zoom stick with 1080p.

I will double quote you because I find it interesting or humorous:

"they discovered that on small screens (anything less than 70 inches)"

Now screens nearly 70 inches are considered SMALL. Incredible. My BIG screen is only about 55 inches and that is large by my standard.

But I take your or their point. Selling specs is much more important than the reality of the situation. Thanks for the info.

Most streaming services will stream in 4K now, and have been doing it for a couple of years - YouTube, Amazon, VIMEO, Netflix. They pick which format to use by testing the downlink for it’s ability to handle the speed required. If it is fast enough, they stream a 4K version.

Resolutions above 4K are coming. The current version of video editing and special effects software all support it now. 8k displays are not yet common.

Photos and videos always look great on a phone screen till you view those on a computer or TV screen ! Then quality gets worst.:confused:

To get back to the original post.....I had the same problem. I've since built a supercomputer that easily handles 4 k video. But, before I sprung for $2K+ in parts, I was clued into HandBrake by a user on this site. It's free and pretty darn easy. Shoot your video at max resolution - 2,7 or 4k. at 30 fps Load it into HandBrake and select the SUPERHQ 1080P 30 preset. On my old computer a short video took an hour or more. Same video on the new one is 4 minutes. It will allow batch loading so I just loaded them all before I went to bed or out for the day and let her chug. The output was spectacular on all machines at 1080p and it allowed me to keep the originals at high res should I want to use them that way in the future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload