DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wind speeds?

Nostos

Reactions
Hi, i'm sorta new to mavic and first post here on the forums. I was wonderong if you guys would go out and fly with winds around 20km/h. It's a really nice days right now and thats the only thing throwing me off at the moment. Tryong to know if you guys think 20km/h winds are a bit too much or if it is safe?

Thanks alot for the feedback.

Hi, i'm sorta new to mavic and first post here on the forums. I was wonderong if you guys would go out and fly with winds around 20km/h. It's a really nice days right now and thats the only thing throwing me off at the moment. Tryong to know if you guys think 20km/h winds are a bit too much or if it is safe?

Thanks alot for the feedback.
Howdy from Wyoming @Nostos , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. I think 20 KM/hr is fine there is a specified speed in the manual, I will try to find it. The manual states 35 km/h is the maximum wind to fly in.

Silly me. Didnt think to check manual haha. They said the max flight time was tested in a 25km/h environment. So I would assume flying in it should be safe, just gotta keep in mind those gusts of wind from time to time.

Thanks for the quick reply @Bunny Too

20kph is ok
But
Remember that wind speed changes at different altitudes.
Try to fly out against the wind so you return with the wind. You then hopefully don't struggle to return with a low battery into the wind.

I've got UAVForecast and this is why im asking because everything is in the green but wind @ 23km/h and says no good to fly.

@colinfowler I always check with earth.nullschool.net for wind at different altitudes. But thanks for the reminder :)
(Edit: thanks for the idea to fly against the wind so the return be easier, def would not have thought about it )

If 35Km/h is the maximum wind speed how can you tell what the windspeed is 150-300 feet up. Any suggestions. PS What happens if the wind speed gets too rough for the Mavic 2 ? If it flips over is it a gonner.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo