DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Winter flying

there are several threads going on at the moment ,on the pitfalls of flying in winter conditions
although with care it can produce some wonderful pics and video, use the search function to find out more

i would say that probably qualifies

Has anyone had bad experience flying in the winter? Short battery life or anything else?

Super cold is actually less problematic than wet snow.
We recommend you get the Wet Suit as this protects your batteries and the drone from any damage.
The main problem being the Battery being Compromised with you can find in many threads.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and the Snow.

Reactions: Mrmund and CSecord
When it’s really cold here which is rarely I keep my extra batteries
in my pockets and that’s a small plus. Well when I am out.

Reactions: old man mavic
Other than normal weather stuff like wind the biggest difference is how the cold affects the pilot and the batteries. Remember that you'll be standing in one place while you're flying not moving around generating body heat. It's hard to stay focused on the flight when you're freezing so dress accordingly including gloves.
So that brings us to batteries. The cold can cut down your battery's power markedly. Some people have systems like heat packs in coolers to keep their batteries warm. I'm often hiking in a bit when I'm flying so that's not really practical for me but I'll wear a shirt with good pockets to keep my batteries close to me and zipped inside my coat.
If you keep your batteries warm to start(don't put them in the trunk) and stick them in a pocket you should be good.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman