DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

With my MP2 in France

It's a good looking video already, but here's a couple things.

1) way too long, you could turn the best part of all those clips in to a much shorter video
2) yaw movements (IMHO) should only be used when centering the camera on something you are following. You could also turn the gimbal sensitivity higher.
3) fly lower, orbit more things. There's so much beautiful scenery below, I wish I could see it better

Otherwise, that's good stuff

I think you did a great job. Great transitions (just the right amount). good choice of music. Nice story line. I think compared to others, you did great !!!

3) fly lower, orbit more things. There's so much beautiful scenery below, I wish I could see it better

Thanks for the tips! About flying lower though, I’m always way to scared about people complaining :/ The MP2 when flying low still makes enough noise to draw peoples attention. Most places I visited in France where crowdy at the time I was there. Maybe I’ve got to get up earlier or something.

And I’m not that good at ‘throwing things away’, but next time I’ll try to shorting things a bit more :p thanks again!

I know it's recommended to have shorter clips in general, but I loved every second of your video. Although not the same location, it brought back memories of a car trip I made from Turin Italy to Toulouse 25 yrs ago. I think you did a great job or flying and creating this video including the music.

Where are you from? Netherlands or Flanders?

What gave me away? Must have been the title inside the video ? I'm from the Netherlands, somewhere near Rotterdam. Living to close to an airport to make footage from here though. But you are from Belgium? Aren't drone rules really strict over there?

Thanks for the kind comments of all you guys by the way ;)

Reactions: Hauptmann
It's a good looking video already, but here's a couple things.

1) way too long, you could turn the best part of all those clips in to a much shorter video
2) yaw movements (IMHO) should only be used when centering the camera on something you are following. You could also turn the gimbal sensitivity higher.

Otherwise, that's good stuff
I totally concur with the above comments. The video is well photographed, with nice even and slow movements except for the unnecessary yaws which need to be removed. The problem is that you have too much good footage that it needlessly lengthens the video. After around 3 minutes most viewers click out of it...as I did. You must be ruthless in your editing and shorten the clips. For a forum such as this, 7 minutes will never be viewed.

As I often state in my weekly Vimeo statistics, the average viewer time is 50% or less, even for my 3 minute films.

Many thanks for the swell tour of La Belle France. What would I change?
Nothing. loved it all ..especially the closing shots of Chateau Gaillard. Nothing inspires my imagination more than that place.
Frankrijk.. I had to google it ..all kinds of interesting info..even the Bros. Grimm.

I totally concur with the above comments. The video is well photographed, with nice even and slow movements except for the unnecessary yaws which need to be removed. The problem is that you have too much good footage that it needlessly lengthens the video. After around 3 minutes most viewers click out of it...as I did. You must be ruthless in your editing and shorten the clips. For a forum such as this, 7 minutes will never be viewed.

You are right, up to the second even ;) Just checked the youtube statistics, average playtime: 2:54. Next time I'll try to shorten it more! Thanks for the tip, never even knew you could see that on youtube.

What is it with yaw movement that people don't like by the way? I'ts mentioned in lots of video tutorials as well. Sometimes I really like it to show the vastness of a place. What should be the alternative? From now on I'll only use it for chasing objects like was given as a tip before though :p

Many thanks for the swell tour of La Belle France. What would I change?
Nothing. loved it all ..especially the closing shots of Chateau Gaillard. Nothing inspires my imagination more than that place.
Frankrijk.. I had to google it ..all kinds of interesting info..even the Bros. Grimm.

You recognized the castle? :D nice! Was such a beautiful place. Got up early to climb the mountain from the campground we were at to try to fly there without lots of people wandering around. Frankrijk is France in dutch by the way, I made the video for my parents. Travelled with them and their motorhome this summer because my own trip to the USA was cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic. Hope to travel to the USA next year and bring my bird with me! Have to register it I guess? Will have to do some research before travelling :p

Hope to travel to the USA next year and bring my bird with me! Have to register it I guess? Will have to do some research before travelling :p
You can register it on the FAA site. Use the real site as there are several that imitate it. Very fast and easy.
We walked up that switch back to the Chateau Gaillard from Les Andelys in the late after noon and stayed long after the other's had left. Walked back after dark. It was in Dec. and the weather was nice. However the people on the river boat we were traveling on were not happy.. We had upset the sailing time by and hour or so...Yikes!

Een erg leuke video. Vond het geweldig!

Thanks! They speak dutch in Texas as well? :D lol
(little side note: I was supposed to travel to Texas this summer but my trip got cancelled because of corona. Such a bummer! Hope to travel to your state next summer!)

You can register it on the FAA site. Use the real site as there are several that imitate it. Very fast and easy.
We walked up that switch back to the Chateau Gaillard from Les Andelys in the late after noon and stayed long after the other's had left. Walked back after dark. It was in Dec. and the weather was nice. However the people on the river boat we were traveling on were not happy.. We had upset the sailing time by and hour or so...Yikes!

And after registration you have to put your registration number on the drone right? Rules like that were supposed to become active here in Europe as well since june, but has been postponed until next year. Getting a lot of stickers and numbers on my drone then ?

Where are you from, the US? Coming al the way from there to such a small place like Les Andelys in the middle of nowhere? :p It's a cool area there though. Lots of castles, they call it the Richard Lionheart route. Where did the boat go next? Didn't have your drone with you? ;)

Nice nature!

• Love
Reactions: Unconnected
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman