DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WOAH MINI..SPOOKED!

SpinRush

Reactions
Had a sudden scare today. Almost a crash.

Backyard! Black asphalt. Purpose of flight: Hovering.
Today, I had some free time in the afternoon. So I took the Mavic Mini into the backyard. All pre-flight checks done. Most importantly, I just let it sit there on the ground while I tested the sticks. I also allowed time for the GPS to pick up.

After 5 minutes, I took it to a hover position. All I wanted to do was look at it. Just watch it hover for as long as the battery would go ( 30% My Limit ). RTH was recorded but I did not go up on the air. Just hovering for the duration.

I guess the Mini does not have the precision landing mode. I could not select that.

From 3 meters, I decided to land it. No button landing, just down stick. This thing suddenly wanted to go in a completely different direction. There was no wind, but some reason it was fighting my inputs. Basically, I had to force it to land with the sticks because I wasn’t bitten by a radioactive spider. If I had dashed after it, it would have smashed into the BBQ grille or the bicycle.

I do not have much faith in these props. I’ve checked the screws over and over again. I can see the flat head of the screw raised above the prop’s well. Scares the bejeezus out of me.

I stopped using my Tello because it would drift away randomly. I hope this doesn’t become a problem with the Mavic Mini. I need to trust this thing.

Had a sudden scare today. Almost a crash.

Backyard! Black asphalt. Purpose of flight: Hovering.
Today, I had some free time in the afternoon. So I took the Mavic Mini into the backyard. All pre-flight checks done. Most importantly, I just let it sit there on the ground while I tested the sticks. I also allowed time for the GPS to pick up.

After 5 minutes, I took it to a hover position. All I wanted to do was look at it. Just watch it hover for as long as the battery would go ( 30% My Limit ). RTH was recorded but I did not go up on the air. Just hovering for the duration.

I guess the Mini does not have the precision landing mode. I could not select that.

From 3 meters, I decided to land it. No button landing, just down stick. This thing suddenly wanted to go in a completely different direction. There was no wind, but some reason it was fighting my inputs. Basically, I had to force it to land with the sticks because I wasn’t bitten by a radioactive spider. If I had dashed after it, it would have smashed into the BBQ grille or the bicycle.

I do not have much faith in these props. I’ve checked the screws over and over again. I can see the flat head of the screw raised above the prop’s well. Scares the bejeezus out of me.

I stopped using my Tello because it would drift away randomly. I hope this doesn’t become a problem with the Mavic Mini. I need to trust this thing.
are you talking about the original props or the aftermarket ones you fitted ,the screw once it is tightened down till it bottoms out against the motor, will not unscrew because it has thread lock on it and the increased diameter compared to the thread affectively locks it against the motor surface, the props are supposed to be a slack fit on the hubs as they must be free to move even when the screw is full tightened,over an extended period of use the hole could wear oval and cause the props to make contact with the arms or body of the drone as they flex during flight just check them as part of your airframe checking routine for damage

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S