DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wobbles and stutters

rabidhyena

Reactions
I feel more and more that I am getting random wobbles and stutters.
Maybe I'm imagining it but they can really ruin the shot.
Any theories on why? is it broken? Is there a fix?
Im on 400. No crashes.
Cheers

i dont get the wobbles but i do get the stutters now and then really annoying and no idea why

First things to check for are your props. Any nicks or dents could cause an unwanted vibration.

However, to me, it looks like image distortion, maybe defective video component. If it was a mechanical gimbal problem, such as a motor or loose connector, you would get a more pronounced shake, vibration, or jerking motion. The wobbles just look like internal interference or other video malfunction. If it bothers you enough, and you are still under warranty, you could send it in.

I feel more and more that I am getting random wobbles and stutters.
Maybe I'm imagining it but they can really ruin the shot.
Any theories on why? is it broken? Is there a fix?
Im on 400. No crashes.
Cheers

I get them sometimes as well, especially under rapid forward acceleration, NOT necessarily in sport mode. I'm on .400 firmware as well. I am using a filter, but I believe it's happened without a filter.

I'll be flying or hovering slowly, and upon increasing forward velocity the camera will occasionally move sharply in some direction and then slowly move back. Occasionally have had resets where the camera goes into some crazy orientation and then slowly moves back.

It looks strange. Had it sometimes too. Difficult to say without knowing your settings. Iso, shutter etc. But it is digital and therefor, I don't think is broken. You might re-calibrate the camera with DJI Assistant

It looks strange. Had it sometimes too. Difficult to say without knowing your settings. Iso, shutter etc. But it is digital and therefor, I don't think is broken. You might re-calibrate the camera with DJI Assistant

No, what I described is definitely NOT digital... but I just watched the video, and that looks like when the gimbal comes loose from the supporting tab...maybe wind plus temperature affecting the stability of the gimbal mount?

Hmmm. No filters. Props all good. Not sure if this is normal/to be expected or should I start looking at warranty? It happens every 30secs or more and mainly occurs when going full throttle or changing direction. What would you do?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez