DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wobbly Gimbal Image

DrifterF

Reactions
Hi everyone, hope your all doing well.

so i have purchased a 2nd hand Mavic Mini with the idea of using it to make some videos. im having some "wobbling" video from the camera. i have checked all the gimbal bands etc and all seem to be ok. i thought it might be due to the wind but seeing some other videos in high winds i dont believe it to be this anymore. can anyone help with sending me in the right direction of what to check ?

please see video:

I would start by checking that all the damper rubbers holding the gimbal to the drone are properly in place. You'd need to google that. (though I think you mean you have done that)
If they are all in place and the whole gimbal and camera assembly can move with ease realtive to the drone's body then start the drone on a table and let the motors idle. Carefully, one motor at a time, reach under the blades and touch the arm-ends/motor-mount with a finger tip and compare the vibrations you feel.
Did you buy this via ebay etc.? And how was it sold, i.e. used, new, for parts etc. etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

Yep, that's what we call "Jello" ... it's due to extensive vibrations, most probably coming from the craft itself, but do check the gimbal dampers first. Then feel over each motor-side carefully either when hovering or idling on the ground & try to locate where it comes from.

Reactions: Thomas B
Check your props.
Start the drone on smooth surface and see if the drone is shaking.
Someone suggested to hover the drone and touch under each motor to see which one is shaking.

Thanks everyone :) i have got some new props on the way, some of mine have a few marks so hoping its that :) Appreciate the replys. i will hover and touch each motor shortly and see if i can get more of an idea :)

Is the problem fixed?
no still the same. i have hovered it and put my finger on the bottom to try to find if 1 of the motors is causing it but cant seem to feel anything differnt throughout all the motors. i am awaiting some new blades but ones i currently now have on are not in bad condition

forgive me but why would the SD card make a differnce on a wobbling image ?
The video looks like the drone has a slow SD card. What is the specification of the SD card you are using? Speed class 3 or above is required.

The video looks like the drone has a slow SD card. What is the specification of the SD card you are using? Speed class 3 or above is required.
When a SD card can't keep up due to too low write speed that leads to choppiness ... lost frames, you can't see that in the clip here.

Jello on the other hand, a wavy look, is induced by extensive vibrations ... it can be mitigated somewhat by increasing the frame rate but camera drones shouldn't behave like this no matter what FPS you choose.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hi both, thanks for the advice. The SD Card used is a SanDisk Extreme. only other info on the card is "V30" and "A1". i have attached photo of same card

should i change this card ?

Attachments

• 41RGfU1iKlL._AC_.jpg
    41RGfU1iKlL._AC_.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi both, thanks for the advice. The SD Card used is a SanDisk Extreme. only other info on the card is "V30" and "A1". i have attached photo of same card

should i change this card ?
No ... that SD is perfectly fine to handle 4K filming, your problem have nothing to do with something not able to keep up with the data streams.

i sent it up low height in my garden not long about and could see it wobbling badly. i checked and changed one of the blades and it helped alot but still does it so im going to order a new set of blades first :)

i sent it up low height in my garden not long about and could see it wobbling badly. i checked and changed one of the blades and it helped alot but still does it so im going to order a new set of blades first :)
Check the motor/prop shafts also ... take the props off & start the motors on idle with the CSC command. Then look & feel on the shafts & check so they aren't wobbling ... if any of them do, the shaft is bent & will cause extensive vibrations.

Also feel over the motors & check so they are firmly attached on the arms ... grip the arm & motor & try to wiggle, if you feel any play ...that can cause this.

Check the motor/prop shafts also ... take the props off & start the motors on idle with the CSC command. Then look & feel on the shafts & check so they aren't wobbling ... if any of them do, the shaft is bent & will cause extensive vibrations.

Also feel over the motors & check so they are firmly attached on the arms ... grip the arm & motor & try to wiggle, if you feel any play ...that can cause this.
thanks i will try this, can you explain or point to the CSC Command ? i will scout the forum now to find it :) thanks !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada