DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Woes with the Mini 2 and the Smart Controller by Phantomrain

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I ran out of battery on the Smart Controller taking some pictures of the Dragon skies.

So I thought I would Fly the Mini 2 with the Phone but I had already Updated the Software to the Smart Controller .

Needless to say I thought I would give it a try, Its a no go , even though it paired back to the Original controller I no longer move the Gimbal up and down.

So no easy way to go back from the SC to the Original Controller , can anyone else confirm this for me ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mini 2 in the Rain and Float.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Maybe the original controller requires update also?
might be worth checking…

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I ran out of battery on the Smart Controller taking some pictures of the Dragon skies.

So I thought I would Fly the Mini 2 with the Phone but I had already Updated the Software to the Smart Controller .

Needless to say I thought I would give it a try, Its a no go , even though it paired back to the Original controller I no longer move the Gimbal up and down.

So no easy way to go back from the SC to the Original Controller , can anyone else confirm this for me ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mini 2 in the Rain and Float.
Yes I can use original controller or SC... but not both at once ?.
I'm assuming you've updated the Fly app on phone to the latest version. Otherwise I can't think why original controller wouldn't work. It might be a binding issue? Smarter minds than mine might need to help you on this journey. I don't use my Mini controller... just keep it for emergencies.

Yes I can use original controller or SC... but not both at once ?.
I'm assuming you've updated the Fly app on phone to the latest version. Otherwise I can't think why original controller wouldn't work. It might be a binding issue? Smarter minds than mine might need to help you on this journey. I don't use my Mini controller... just keep it for emergencies.
Happy to report that the Issue was solved, it was the setting on the Camera , that go reset . now the camera is working with both SC and the controller. Thank you

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Mavic2Pro and Mavic2zoom with Smart Controller, I thought I couldn’t be happier… While out shopping today, I found a Mini 2 Fly More Bundle new in box for only $310 and thought why not? while on the way home, I did some research and confirmed DJI recently added support for the Mini 2 is software updates on the SC and AC. While charging one of the 3 batteries, I upgraded my SC over the air using WiFi without issue. As soon as I charged up one of the Mini2 batteries, I updated the AC software.

I couldn’t be happier with performance of this little 249g 4K drone and Smart Controller combination. This will allow me to mix and match setups as well as take the mini2 due to portability…

After just 2 flights, I’m satisfied.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3