DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Women Pilots

vedkontho

Reactions
Are there any women pilots out here, please raise ur hands. Its otherwise impossible to tell with ur check in handles.

Let me clarify. I am a guy flying for over 6 months now. I personally know of only 1 pilot and 1 enthusiast who are women. Are the numbers really that bad.

I got into a debate with the wifey, she says that they may not be that interested. I disagree.

If you check in, do mention ur country, which aircraft u fly, how long have u been flying.

TIA

Reactions: TeePain
We have many women members and I doubt they will make it forum known for obvious reasons and don't blame em .
We have some that will but the other's most likely would be badgered so don't plan on having many answer your
call . :)

We have many women members and I doubt they will make it forum known for obvious reasons and don't blame em .
We have some that will but the other's most likely would be badgered so don't plan on having many answer your
Get ur point mate. They can post if they are comfortable, and absolutely no personal info. :)

Some put their location in their profile as far as you asking where they are from yet it's not in your's. Where you located .

I am from Kolkata, India. I will update the info on my profile.
It really helps as you know when talking to folks where they are from.

It really helps as you know when talking to folks where they are from.
I hope I dont come off as a creep from the post. My daughters my wing(wo)man when I fly my Mavic. She is all but 2. :) The wife complains, hence the debate that sparked the thread.

Naaa you good .Thumbswayup

Reactions: vedkontho
I've given my drone a woman's name and I refer to it as She - that's meant as a compliment of course, however I've have modified my drone somewhat so you could consider it a Transgender Drone.

I think there are some women who enjoy this hobby, but I think the majority is men. I have yet to see a woman that i have met take any real interest in them. My wife thinks it's a neat toy and goes with me a lot when flying, but even after I have pestered her many times to just try it once, she won't. She just isn't interested and she also says she's afraid of breaking my toy lol, even though I assure her not to worry about it. This is just a total guess but I would think this hobby is at least 90% men. I really think it's closer to 95-97%, but again, totally speculation with nothing to back it up.

Been flying RC for over 45 years in all that time I think I have personnally seen one lady pilot.
I think it is just one of those genetic things and before you jump on that consider this.....

In America and probally around the world there are plenty of women in law enforcement, firefighters, first responders, traditional male territory. Ther are plenty women in politics, medicine, and heads of major corporations.

My theory is this, women are smarter than guys, when they see the way we (guys) get all drooly and giddy about the next great drone coming onto the market from DJI or whoever and then all the problems associated with tyring to get and keep these things in the air they are smart enought to see what a futile persuit this is.

At the end of the day i think they are content to let us (guys) occupy our selves with our toys and are content to tuck us in at night kiss us on the forehead wishing us great drone dreams.
For those gals who fly these things better than us well they are just smarter & better than us guyzo_O
mikemoose55

Reactions: dirkclod
We have many women members and I doubt they will make it forum known for obvious reasons and don't blame em.

it is a crying shame in this day and age that a woman on a forum feels (rightfully so) that it is in her best interest not to identify herself for safety concerns.
I feel it is a small percentage but even one is too many. Anonymity unfortunately brings out the worst in some individuals.
Side note, back in the late 60's Early 70's women were scorned for riding motorcycles. MANY would not ride because of the ridicule and unmerciful badmouthing. My wife found a way to shut-up those by becoming a better rider than they were. It worked.

Reactions: zwt100 and dirkclod
In America and probally around the world there are plenty of women in law enforcement, firefighters, first responders, traditional male territory. Ther are plenty women in politics, medicine, and heads of major corporations.
Of course "plenty" is subjective. According to the FBI UCR, about 1 in 4 is female in the US. A much lower proportion of those are actual beat cops compared to the male cohort -- IOW, of the women, more of them are at "desk jobs" proportionally than the men.

This does not meet my subjective definition of "plenty". No disrespect, just offering some objective data, and my interpretation.

it is a crying shame in this day and age that a woman on a forum feels (rightfully so) that it is in her best interest not to identify herself for safety concerns.
I think "safety" is a bit strong.

Rather, it's very much like car forums, combined with the general barbarity of anonymous male behavior. To be identified as female on a car forum is to essentially lose your ability to participate in any normal way. You become an object of interest just like the car model/brand that's the focus of the forum.

RC interest groups are only a little better, but not much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes