DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Won’t take off

Steelrumor

Reactions
Hey guys,

First drone and I picked up the Mavic 2 with the smart controller. Just everything all charged and activated and went out for the first test flight and it won’t take off..

I don’t have an automatic take off button anywhere on my screen and if I push the sticks nothing happens at all. No error codes or anything.. I suspect it’s something simple and I’m just new and slow lol.
Any help would be awesome!

If the "can't takeoff" message does not show up you should be able to take off. push the sticks towards each other at the same time to start the motor. Throttle stick up to take off

Go to the following page (and save it as a list of value tips and resources). Search for 'Pre-flight Checklist' (there're two of them). Go through things slowly and methodically, make sure there are no error messages about magnetic interference, be sure there are enough satellites, etc.

This assumes that you have already read the owners manual from cover to cover, so you know where to look on your DJI Go screen for messages that might give you a hint of why you can't take off.

The lack of an automatic take off button is a hint that DJI Go doesn't think you are ready.

Just checking, you did start the drone going first, yes? (The props are turning?) It doesn't take off from a stand-still -- you need to start the engines first.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwooden12