DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wondering

Reactions: Former Member
I have flow in light fog during the day and could still see my Mavic travelling through it. I used the Radar to help orient the Mavic to be able to fly back to my home point and landed. Mavic was a bit wet and decided that the moisture could be bad if it accumulates.

If the fog is low to then its great as one can fly OVER it and still maintain VLOS if you are at the right angle or on a hillside above the fog. Then its very ethereal and flowy. As ccoltmann points out the perspective is what makes it such and interesting subject.

I have flow in light fog during the day and could still see my Mavic travelling through it. I used the Radar to help orient the Mavic to be able to fly back to my home point and landed. Mavic was a bit wet and decided that the moisture could be bad if it accumulates.

If the fog is low to then its great as one can fly OVER it and still maintain VLOS if you are at the right angle or on a hillside above the fog. Then its very ethereal and flowy. As ccoltmann points out the perspective is what makes it such and interesting subject.

Maybe DJI should come out with an ILS and artificial horizon for drone-fog-flyers lol

Im a fair weather flyer. Fog, rain, condensation and night time flying scare me.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hey if you have the balls to use the map you could quoting finger gesture here do it..

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilldale Harry