DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Won't Connect

tca

Reactions
Hi...am I doing something wrong

I need help........I haven't flown my Mavic in about three weeks and this morning I was going to fly it.......all batteries were fully charged and the controller was fully charged.......when I attempted to log on and get ready to fly

the Maivic will NOT connect......the reading on my Mini I pad 4 says "DISCONNECTED"........I have tried and tried

but nothing gets me connected.......am I doing something wrong.....I have had 39 flights with it and never had a problem before.......what is the correct sequence for getting it ready........do you turn on the controller first and then the Mavic or turn on the Mavic and then the controller........could the Go 4 App be screwed up .......could bad weather have something to do with it not connecting......could the Wi fi setting on the Mavic Air be lost......when you go into your wi fi setting on the Mini I pad should the Mavic Air show up?

any help would be appreciated

I have a mavic pro, so I'm just spitballing here. There's a little switch that goes between wifi and RC control, is that switch correct?

Last time I had connection errors I traced it back to the tether, and a new one solved it for me. That is until the USB port on the phone gave out..

Do you have DJI assistant on your computer? You can hook the bird and the controller up and confirm the firmware is all caught up and matches

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Last edited:
Yes you can toggle the wiFI/RC switch back and forth. Try an alternate cable. Make sure to use the port on the bottom of the Remote Controller and not the one on the upper left side. Dont plug another cable into the upper left side when the bottom cable (USB) is connected.

Turn on drone , Then turn on Remote Controller - The controller should connect to the Mavic even without launching DJIGO4. Then launch DJIGO4.

You really dont want to fly in WiFi mode if you can help it as the distance and connection is limited.

WiFi Distance

Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference) Distance: 80 m
Height: 50 m

Non WiFi Distance

Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference) 2.400 - 2.4835 GHz:
FCC: 4000 m
CE: 2000 m
SRRC: 2000 m
MIC: 2000 m

5.725 - 5.850 GHz:
FCC: 4000 m
CE: 500 m
SRRC: 2500 m

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics