DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Won't load offline map

Storyline

Reactions
Using the official app

When I have Internet access on my phone the map is shown in the map box.

I have downloaded maps in all the areas I intend to fly when I go on holiday including my home area.

When I go into aeroplane mode however the offline map does not load. I can back out of the flight mode part of the app and can see the list of maps that I have downloaded.

Anyone know why they are not working ?

Just got back from a two week trip up to some small Scottish islands which I knew would not have phone coverage so downloaded maps covering several of them using the default Go 4 size and could not get any of them to load .....

I gather the offline storage was disabled with recent version of DJI Go 4 on iOS and Android, something to do with changing mapping companies from Airmap to Here or something... very confusing as they still give the function to download offline maps... frustrating

[and some have said open when at home near signal, maps stored in cache, and keep DJI Go 4 open, not a workable solution in my personal view, PITA]

Reactions: Storyline
Thanks Jed :)

It is almost unbelievable that DJI have left this option in the app and it may also explain the strange Home Point issues I am having. I think I remember finding a site where you could get old versions of the app. Does anyone happen to know how long ago it was when Airmap was dropped ?

Thanks Jed :)

It is almost unbelievable that DJI have left this option in the app and it may also explain the strange Home Point issues I am having. I think I remember finding a site where you could get old versions of the app. Does anyone happen to know how long ago it was when Airmap was dropped ?

Actually home point itself should not be affected, maps not needed for Drone/& R/C to record home point (it uses GPS co-ords for that)

Maps only tell you where you are in relation to your surroundings....

What home point issues are you having?

I gather the offline storage was disabled with recent version of DJI Go 4 on iOS and Android, something to do with changing mapping companies from Airmap to Here or something... very confusing as they still give the function to download offline maps... frustrating

[and some have said open when at home near signal, maps stored in cache, and keep DJI Go 4 open, not a workable solution in my personal view, PITA]

Using the official app

When I have Internet access on my phone the map is shown in the map box.

I have downloaded maps in all the areas I intend to fly when I go on holiday including my home area.

When I go into aeroplane mode however the offline map does not load. I can back out of the flight mode part of the app and can see the list of maps that I have downloaded.

Anyone know why they are not working ?
When offline, try changing the date on your Motorola to 2017. Works for me. Remember to change it back while online or some apps will not work properly.

When offline, try changing the date on your Motorola to 2017. Works for me. Remember to change it back while online or some apps will not work properly.
Download and open here we go app and download your area there. Only normal maps not satellite will show

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu