DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Won't Start

Bison Barn

Reactions
Need some advice. New mavic air 2 won't turn. New and charged Battery. All just out of the box. I hold Battery button down for 4+ seconds and nothing Happens. Hold the Battery button down for a moment and the four lights com on.

You need to push the button, release, and push again holding it down for a couple of seconds. The method works the same for both the drone and the battery. Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum. Greetings from San Diego.

what he said above. quick press and release followed by a long press. 1st press all 4 lights illuminate. on the 2nd press and hold they light in series then drone comes to life. be sure to remove the gimbal/camera cover

Reactions: MA2 317
As a side note, With the MA2 and Mavic 2's you actually turn the BATTERY on,which then activates the drone. I didn't realize that that's how it work when I couldn't understand why my charger/discharger (Hanatora for Mavic 2) wouldn't discharge my batteries. I sent one back as "defective" not knowing that it was the operator who was defective, and that all I had to do was turn the batteries on. As noted above by the others, you turn it on the same way you turn on your controller; press and release- then press and hold for a second or two. The drone will then kind of twitch (or maybe make a sound) indicating it's on and ready to connect to the controller.

Reactions: JackL
As a side note, With the MA2 and Mavic 2's you actually turn the BATTERY on,which then activates the drone. I didn't realize that that's how it work when I couldn't understand why my charger/discharger (Hanatora for Mavic 2) wouldn't discharge my batteries. I sent one back as "defective" not knowing that it was the operator who was defective, and that all I had to do was turn the batteries on. As noted above by the others, you turn it on the same way you turn on your controller; press and release- then press and hold for a second or two. The drone will then kind of twitch (or maybe make a sound) indicating it's on and ready to connect to the controller.
Don't feel too bad. Since you don't turn the batteries on to charge, I wouldn't have thought to turn them on to discharge. Makes sense though when you think about it.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mth0d