DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

World's FIRST Drone Jump, (or I will never do that!)

It is not a UAS, It's manned! 400' does not apply. Hope he has a license! ;)

It is not a UAS, It's manned! 400' does not apply. Hope he has a license! ;)

Manned yes, be he's not piloting it. I think the FAA has a loop hole here regarding policy. Just as a side not this doesn't appear to be in the US.

well i guess if he hangs on he could be classed as a spotter and BLOS can not count, you can't get better direct visual than that. strap him in and away you go.

what i would like to have seen is him hang on and then pull out a mavic and let rip.

well i guess if he hangs on he could be classed as a spotter and BLOS can not count, you can't get better direct visual than that. strap him in and away you go.

what i would like to have seen is him hang on and then pull out a mavic and let rip.
Quite the spotter. "STOP!! You're about to crash into a building."

Why did they drag it into the pond to launch? To keep debris from the props?

Why did they drag it into the pond to launch? To keep debris from the props?
If i counted correctly, that thing has 20 propellers. That's going to blast debris everywhere and into the motors. It was likely a safety precaution.

Manned yes, be he's not piloting it. I think the FAA has a loop hole here regarding policy. Just as a side not this doesn't appear to be in the US.

Actually it is 400 ft from the highest point. In this case 400ft from the top of that tower would still be legal.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird