DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Worth trading in a M2Z for the MA2?

Matt8900

Reactions
As the title says.

Originally i started out with the MA1, loved it, loved its compact size, but always looked at the higher end drones in awe. Eventually, i had got the funds together to buy a Mavic 2 Zoom, along with the smart controller. I do regret not going for the pro, as i don't actually use the zoom feature all that often, and feel its almost a gimic, compared to the quality of the camera on the pro.

Im at a stage now where i feel im constantly filming in 2k @ 60fps , to slow the footage down in post, and i feel that the 4k 60fps on the MA2 would blow my mind.

So do you guys think its worth the trade?

I am a very very careful pilot, and very rarely rely on the sensors on my M2Z, and i have heard and read very good things about the sensors on the air2, obviously without the upward facing ones.

I would need to sell my smart controller most likely to be able to affford the Air2, but have a s20 ultra so i dont feel im missing out on much in terms of screen realestate, just ease of use.

Opinions?

Hi. I would not sell my smart controller. In fact, the camera sensor in MA2 is smaller than the one in M2Z, right? If so: do not trade. That said: I am impressed by the MA2 camera, really crisp and clear. I like my M2P even better though, even if only 4k/30fps. The 4x zoom on the MA2 is only 1080p, but dynamic if you use the smart controller.

As much as we love the Air 2 and nominated it for drone of the decade I do not
think it is a good trade. The Zoom on the Mavic 2 is excellent where as the zoom on the Air 2 is really poor quality.

Since you thought is to abandon the Mavic 2 Zoom , you might consider the Mavic 3 now that may be a good trade but keep the SC as those are just hard to get and gaining Value.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 /Mavic 2 in the Rain / Snow

4K @60fps on the Air 2 is 265 and my computer won't handle it. ..if that's a consideration for you.
Yes, I film seagulls with gopros @ 240fps....editing is a nightmare...you can almost hear the drives crying out for relief..I have two computers, cos one is almost always off to the computer guy for repair...great footage though.!

Well that was way more interesting than I thought it would be, clean slow motion is always fun to see.
Have you been able to take advantage of the Air 2 Slow Motion with the Birds.?

Phanmtomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain /Snow

Reactions: Dronage
Nice one.! Glad u enjoyed it...the flocks can get quite big and scary, so I haven't flown anywhere near them...would love a top down view tho.. maybe one day...
This one is also entertaining...a Herring Gull steals one of my cameras...never got it back lol ...