DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would lowering tablet resolution improve dji go4 performance?

Kapnobatai

Reactions
Hello,

As I know, Mavic Air video feed is 720p, so theoretically the dji go4 resolution wouldn t need to be higher.
As I m using a rooted Galaxy Tab S 10.5 with a 1600p resolution, would a lower resolution not drastically improve performance or is dji go4 app already start in 720p, as the video feed? Thanks

I managed to lower resolution to 1920x1200px, 215dpi with Easy DPI Changer (needs root access), but I ll be flying only tomorrow to see how it goes. I ll keep you posted, for now, the display is still looking great, no visible change.

I would think it takes the majority of the tablets resources to collect the data from the Mavic. that would remain the same, unless you lower the quality being sent from the ac. Curious to see if reducing the resolution on just the tablet would make a noticeable difference.
Keep us posted!

What do you mean by performance?
Video Feed Latency, DJI Go app stability, local recording. I tested it at 1920x1200 but very shortly, as now with custom ROM (ressurection remix 7.1.2) I don t have any lag issues anymore, even at its native resolution and cache recording enabled

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa