DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would this light work on a Mavic?

Nothing at all? What about the strobes the guys are talking about ^^. And why do they look so funny, the lights, as if tiny motherboards?? Sorry if I am being thick and thanks all for the info above
The reason they look like just motherboards is because LED’s are mounted on those boards, and they need a clear defuse lens to make the light visible outside the package. Also, they want to keep the light unit as light as possible to minimize its effect on flight time.

The reason they look like just motherboards is because LED’s are mounted on those boards, and they need a clear defuse lens to make the light visible outside the package. Also, they want to keep the light unit as light as possible to minimize its effect on flight time.
Ahhh thanks, weird, would think a thin cover wouldnt hide much light, anyway, love your photo :). Thanks for your reply. I'm still interested in whether there is any light that can give a drone VLOS in daylight?

Ahhh thanks, weird, would think a thin cover wouldnt hide much light, anyway, love your photo :). Thanks for your reply. I'm still interested in whether there is any light that can give a drone VLOS in daylight?
The problem is that on a full sun day, just about any light you can hang on the drone is going to get washed out by sunlight. But a decent strobe will help extend your LoS a bit.

Reactions: mfc
Nothing at all? What about the strobes the guys are talking about ^^. And why do they look so funny, the lights, as if tiny motherboards?? Sorry if I am being thick and thanks all for the info above

If you want something a little more "finished" check these out: Put the white on top and the red/green on port/starboard side, respectively.

They aren't as bright as the CREE strobes, but they will get you out beyond a couple miles (twilight/night). Again, for broad daylight there's not much that will help.

The strobes are the best you can do. They don't work for far distances (especially in daylight), but they will extend your VLOS ... and sometimes are still hard to see (look down at your controller, then look back up to find them is sometimes still difficult).

The Lume Cubes are great, for those of us that want to light something up, but are an overkill for just extending your VLOS (though I would not be surprised if someone comes back to say that they do just that).

Chris

The strobes are the best you can do. They don't work for far distances (especially in daylight), but they will extend your VLOS ... and sometimes are still hard to see (look down at your controller, then look back up to find them is sometimes still difficult).

The Lume Cubes are great, for those of us that want to light something up, but are an overkill for just extending your VLOS (though I would not be surprised if someone comes back to say that they do just that).

Chris
Strobes work especially well in daylight when the drone is flying low against a background of trees, mountains, etc. (almost always the case for me).

The white firehouse 4 strobe models are the only ones I can see out at distances to around 3000' in normal daylight but w/o them I could get out half as far to stay VLOS. As mentioned looking down and trying to re-find your quad is difficult the further you go out and the strobe must be pointed back at me to notice the flash. Adverted vision helps me see it after looking down at my screen.

They work great for extending VLOS in broad daylight, just like the spotlight on the M2 Enterprise will. (I can see the Enterprise spotlight over a mile in full sunlight). The problem is positioning the light(s) and have it pointed back at you while you fly. Direction is everything with these lights.

Idk pretty satisfied with my "Arc 2 " strobes i have 3 and they are blinding in white....def the brightest ive tried....super light weight, and rechargeable. And the way i have them set up now i can still fold the drone....they also have 3 modes, and on steady 3 of them is comparable to lume cubes.

Reactions: wendyc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike