DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WOW Am I the only member that's stuck with the original Mavic Pro??

Best bang for the buck drone IMO! A lot of people bought these and never really used them so you can find great deals on hardly used ones! Accessories are cheap cause its “old” tech. Fully “upgradeable”. To me it even seems better built than the M2.

Still flying my original alpine white MP. No issues with it at all. Not sure what flying will be like with the new rules but I still take mine out quite a bit.

Still flying my original alpine white MP. No issues with it at all. Not sure what flying will be like with the new rules but I still take mine out quite a bit.

Admittedly I really haven't been following the developments, so I guess that brings up a good point...what do the "new rules" mean to those of us that fly original MP ?? Are we grounded?

A verbal pledge to abide by all rules enshrined in that hefty 275-page drone regulations manual, duly tendered in this forum, should entitle First Edition Mavic Pro owners to fly under the honor system, whereby they would agree to voluntarily turn themselves for sanctions that may arise over any deviations from the straight and narrow recorded going forward. This would be the ideal scenario. Grim reality may differ in some key areas of consideration.

My MP has gone over 500 miles on 2 batteries over 3 years and 400 flights. It’s flown in fog, rain, and a bomb cyclone blizzard. It had 1 range test that hit 4 miles out. Pilot error crashed it twice and did the repairs myself. RTH returns the bird within inches of takeoff. It’s still ahead of its time since I don’t have anything that can play 4K video yet. Just replaced the batteries as they were getting puffy.

Just got my refurbished ( new MP1 ) and love it. It even survived a little crash into trees ( all my fault ). Got it sept last year and now have done over 200 flights.

Holy Mackerel ! This 6,500 mile tally has got to be a record for cumulative distance covered by a single drone. My Phantom 3 Standard is coming up on 650 miles, or a tenth of your odometer reading RnL. yet I had been wondering how much longer the motors would run before needing replacement. I wonder no more ha ha.

Hearing today of a Mavic Pro that has racked up 6,500 miles, indicates that my concerns about the longevity of DJI drone motors, are not warranted at all. My hat is off to you RnL for covering such an amazing distance without any pilot error mishaps. Now I really look forward to the arrival of my used Mavic Pro bought on ebay.

Thanks, I've had a blast with this thing, really want an air2 or zoom but can make myself spend the money when this one does what I do just fine. Batteries is my big thing I go through them cause I run them down so low, my guess. Going to try power extra batteries see how they do. All factory batteries are old stock not good for this kind of battery. That could be some of my problem
Holy Mackerel ! This 6,500 mile tally has got to be a record for cumulative distance covered by a single drone. My Phantom 3 Standard is coming up on 650 miles, or a tenth of your odometer reading RnL. yet I had been wondering how much longer the motors would run before needing replacement. I wonder no more ha ha.

Hearing today of a Mavic Pro that has racked up 6,500 miles, indicates that my concerns about the longevity of DJI drone motors, are not warranted at all. My hat is off to you RnL for covering such an amazing distance without any pilot error mishaps. Now I really look forward to the arrival of my used Mavic Pro bought on ebay.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000