DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrap color for Mavic Pro

Eagle44

Reactions
Looking at the color card that came from WrapGrade in Japan. Was considering the high res neon yellow for extended range visibility but the vendor indicated it fades faster. Holding the color card at a distance, the Racing White stands out about the same as the neon yellow. If you have used the white has it made a difference in how much farther you can see your Mavic? Has anyone made a comparison between the white and neon yellow? Which was more visible to you?

I think the white disappear easily from the eyes side in clear days than the yellow one. I have a wrap too but in cameo army from Japan as well.

Looking at the color card that came from WrapGrade in Japan. Was considering the high res neon yellow for extended range visibility but the vendor indicated it fades faster. Holding the color card at a distance, the Racing White stands out about the same as the neon yellow. If you have used the white has it made a difference in how much farther you can see your Mavic? Has anyone made a comparison between the white and neon yellow? Which was more visible to you?

I have orange, same as KTM motorcycles. Very visible. I believe that white would disappear in anything but a cloudless blue sky..
Not criticising anyone’s choice, but if your Mavic was in a tree or long grass, or even a shallow river, then camouflage wrap isn’t going to help find it. But it looks cool and hard.

Reactions: ryanolivas
This is very informative and I'm just new to this. And now I guess color is actually important thanks a lot.

I have orange, same as KTM motorcycles. Very visible. I believe that white would disappear in anything but a cloudless blue sky..
Not criticising anyone’s choice, but if your Mavic was in a tree or long grass, or even a shallow river, then camouflage wrap isn’t going to help find it. But it looks cool and hard.

I like the KTM style for stickers, Eh what about mounting a GPS tracker?

I like the KTM style for stickers, Eh what about mounting a GPS tracker?
In my case I’m interested more from a VLOS basis. The small gray MP is very hard to see even when you still hear it. I’m thinking eventually a bright color plus daylight visible strobes.

Reactions: choo choo
In my case I’m interested more from a VLOS basis. The small gray MP is very hard to see even when you still hear it. I’m thinking eventually a bright color plus daylight visible strobes.

What about neon colors?

Neon (fluorescent) colors should be better for visibility than standard yellow or white. However fluorescent colors tend to fade faster in sunlight/UV exposure. Not sure that these would last a full year depending on how much flying time I do in that year. Also unknown is how hard is it to remove and replace these things after a year. As it is, I’m probably going to go with neon yellow and see how long it lasts.

As for the gps tracker, it won’t help me see my drone, but would be great to find my drone if I lost it.

I use fluorescent lime-green along with reflective Prismatic tape stripes. Not to help me see it better however. It was to try and make it look like anything but a food source or intruding bird in any raptor's airspace. Being as you are mostly looking at the drone's belly during flight, the bright colors do very little in adding to visibility distance. My flashing strobe adds way more daytime visibility than any color scheme. These things are just too small to be very visible at any appreciable distance

I've been considering the rescue pattern from istyles.com Rescue DJI Mavic Air Skin

Kind of fun yet visible if it crashes and probably more visible in the air.
But the quality of those Wrapgrade really have me thinking. I've ordered a sample card because the celeste blue is amazing

I've been considering the rescue pattern from istyles.com Rescue DJI Mavic Air Skin

Kind of fun yet visible if it crashes and probably more visible in the air.
But the quality of those Wrapgrade really have me thinking. I've ordered a sample card because the celeste blue is amazing

It looks like the design is for rescue units only :) I saw this sticker "Fire & Rescue"

It looks like the design is for rescue units only :) I saw this sticker "Fire & Rescue"
It's decorative.. Not any official anything lol.
They have one that's more fire truck, this one's more ambulance like.

My 4yr old really likes the idea of a fire rescue helicopter (I call the drone a helicopter for him)

It's decorative.. Not any official anything lol.
They have one that's more fire truck, this one's more ambulance like.

My 4yr old really likes the idea of a fire rescue helicopter (I call the drone a helicopter for him)

Yes for kids they look seems so cool but what about any other choices?

This is very informative and I'm just new to this. And now I guess color is actually important thanks a lot.

Everyone's eyes are different: I prefer a Satin Black against a blue sky or clouds. But thats just me.

Big Lamp Studios wrap and Aerial Pixel for the FAA numbers.

20180506_165613.jpg 20180506_165640.jpg 20180506_165646.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000