DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrap your MM?

Recently, I updated my quad decal to match the artwork that my sister in law created. She created it for my previous wrap, I customized my wrap to match her art. Debbie Art post decal.jpg Debbie Art post decal2.jpg I am happy with results and she is giddy to see her art flying :D

Decal Girl.
The black patches are Velcro to attach
- on top the VIFLY Beacon
- at the back ULANZI DR-01 Drone Strobe
IMG_20200305_164646.jpgIMG_20200305_164710.jpg

Reactions: m80116
that's the same yellow i have just one point it would be a good idea to remove the skin under the velcro so it sticks directly to the drone as the weight and the airflow over the drone could lift the skin, just a thought

that's the same yellow i have just one point it would be a good idea to remove the skin under the velcro so it sticks directly to the drone as the weight and the airflow over the drone could lift the skin, just a thought
Good point, did not think of that. I will carefully observe on the next flights (first after "skinning") how it behaves. Waiting for better weather, currently snowing. Thanks.

Reactions: old man mavic
IMG_3726.JPGIMG_3727.JPGIMG_3729.JPG

Already shown mine but added some prop motor covers. I went for visible but still wanted it to look cool.

Already had a few comments on the look while I’ve been out!

Reactions: Wild Wayne
Here's my personally hand-cut wrap.

hSFdGDSl.jpg

AsrXFW6l.jpg

rv7P3eyl.jpg

La6ulPCl.jpg

I should probably finish it up by giving it the round shaped skin piece above the battery hatch.

Has anyone wrapped their Mini to improve visibility? Would you reccomend?
What color is the easiest to see in most lighting conditions?
What about wrapping the arms in aluminum foil? Seems like a simple solution that could work. My problem is I have trouble spotting the MA2 at even relatively short range, like 800 feet. Any creative solutions?

What about wrapping the arms in aluminum foil? Seems like a simple solution that could work. My problem is I have trouble spotting the MA2 at even relatively short range, like 800 feet. Any creative solutions?
At 200’, much less 800’ the drone will still be a small black dot in the sky. Try some strobes like the Firehouse ARC2 or ARC XLs.

Wrapping in aluminum foil would seriously block or at least lower the satellite GPS reception.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair