DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrapped my MA2 ...

drone-ian

Reactions
Received my MA2 wrap from DecalGirl today and slapped it on right away, then went out the back for a couple of pics. This is the HotRod theme.

I don't know if it makes it any more visible at a distance, but it looks pretty cool and unique up close.

What say the collective?

ian

Attachments

• IMG_1778.jpg
    IMG_1778.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 204
I confess I don’t know why wrapping is a thing. TBH yours is pretty bland and inoffensive .... I’m happy with plain old grey ....

Each to their own though..

I confess I don’t know why wrapping is a thing. TBH yours is pretty bland and inoffensive .... I’m happy with plain old grey ....

Each to their own though..
two reasons to wrap
(1) it gives a personal touch to your drone and makes it recognisable when flying with similar drones in a group setting
(2) it helps to protect the drone from insect splatts and marks and scuffs and is easier to wipe clean

two reasons to wrap
(1) it gives a personal touch to your drone and makes it recognisable when flying with similar drones in a group setting
(2) it helps to protect the drone from insect splatts and marks and scuffs and is easier to wipe clean
valid point 2 :)

How does wrapping change flight-characteristics? Especially when they become tatty and worn or haven't been applied correctly. I was always rubbish at putting a screen protector on so I can imagine me really cocking this kind of thing up!

How does wrapping change flight-characteristics? Especially when they become tatty and worn or haven't been applied correctly. I was always rubbish at putting a screen protector on so I can imagine me really cocking this kind of thing up!
guess not so much affects anything but I've heard that it takes 1.5hour to wrap it up properly, not so for me as I'd go bananas after 30 minutes :D

• Haha
Reactions: ven
wrapping your drone does not affect its flight characteristics ,and although it does take time to do a good job its a rewarding experience, and it makes it look good

Nice job!
Yes i have a couple of skins sat here from decalgirl.......i need to be in the right frame of mind. I can very easily see the MA2 going through a window! Not decided which i will use(hence 2), but i cant see me using both.....not with 1-2hrs of patience required:eek:

• Haha
Reactions: crosswired
two reasons to wrap
1. That’s personal taste .... But once it gets 20 feet away it’s just a grey/black buzzing thing.
2. And in doing so probably lift the decal off at the edges..

Just not for me like I said everyone different ..

Well personally I think it looks pretty cool and it looks as if you did a great job. Well done!

Reactions: JCO1977
1. That’s personal taste .... But once it gets 20 feet away it’s just a grey/black buzzing thing.
2. And in doing so probably lift the decal off at the edges..

Just not for me like I said everyone different ..
I own a drone as a hobby, not as a professional. If I ever take the next step to become certified and do commercial work, I would have a nicer drone than the MA2 I suspect and wouldn't wrap it. I wouldn't think it would be very professional to show up with an Iron Man wrap on my drone :D .

I'm barely getting in to this, I only have 60 some flights under my belt.

I wrapped mine because it's a hobby and it's fun, and putting on a skin was fun too, something to do indoors still relating to the hobby. I can understand both points of view however and can see my self going gray as well after I run out of the 4 wraps I bought ? .

If done right, at least Decal Girl's wraps, the edges don't lift. Even when putting in a case like a Nanuk (which was something I was curious about, how it would hold up) they've been doing very well.

One of the biggest reasons I went with wrapping it is that I occasionally fly with a good friend of mine who has a Mavic 2 Zoom, and I wanted to be able to tell them apart up close. Also I liked the colours [emoji16]

As for commercial use, I’m pretty sure most customers couldn’t care less what colour the equipment is. I’ve seem some other non-DJI drones that are pretty garish colours from the factory so there’s that too.

Granted, at any distance, it’ll appear as a gray dot anyway but up close it’ll stand out and sitting on my desk at home it looks good.

Thanks for the comments folks!

Ian

Received my MA2 wrap from DecalGirl today and slapped it on right away, then went out the back for a couple of pics. This is the HotRod theme.

I don't know if it makes it any more visible at a distance, but it looks pretty cool and unique up close.

What say the collective?

ian
I like it! I ordered one from them as well, probably coming today. I’m looking forward to putting it on the drone. I like that kind of stuff, so if it takes 1.5 hours, no biggie.

Anyone looking for a practical purpose for this, probably shouldn’t bother. There is none.

Nor does there have to be for those who want to do it.

What say the collective?

ian
Just got mine today as well. Didn't get my FAA number though. Gotta check my order.20200617_134858.jpg

Just got mine today as well. Didn't get my FAA number though. Gotta check my order.
Looks good! I noticed a few bubbles on the edges, if you heat it up with a hair dryer and press them down you can get everything to seal up very nicely, on the drone, batteries and remote. I did it with mine and it was a huge improvement from original install.

Reactions: Akademik
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead