DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrong Port on the Mavic Mini Controler?

Simplicity

Reactions
Hi there!

I have just bought a used DJI Macic Mini a couple of days ago and I wanted to charge the controler today for the first time. When I looked at the connection/charging port of the controler, I saw this: (Photo 1)

There is an USB-micro-A port next to an image of an USB-micro-B port. I didn‘t notice this erlier, because I had never plugged out the phone adapter before. The only cable in the scope of supply was a USB-micro-B to USB-A cable you also use for charging the drone. Interestingly, the cable reffered to and used on all the pictures in the operating instructions for charging the controler is alledigtly the same one.

Is there an commom explanation for this fact, or isn‘t this a known problem so far?

Thank you very much for your help in advance! (For further information about the controler see photo 2)

Attachments

• IMG_7277.jpeg
    IMG_7277.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7278.jpeg
    IMG_7278.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
The female port is, by requirement of the USB protocols, micro USB type A. ( I believe it's part of the OTG spec for the connection/connectors )
Just use a normal micro USB type B plug to charge the controller BUT MAKE SURE the plug is correctly orientated as shown in the "image"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vr2