DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

xiaomi x8 drone, How does it compare to the Mavic?

The xiaomi mi drone has a awful sound coming from the motors. Check out the video by RC SALORS on YouTube. There’s another video but can’t remember by who that has that awful sound by the xiaomi mi drone motors. We’ll see if the same awful sounding motors will be used on the xiaomi x8 se drone. It’s a dealbreaker for me if it does.

Reactions: macoman
The xiaomi mi drone has a awful sound coming from the motors. Check out the video by RC SALORS on YouTube. There’s another video but can’t remember by who that has that awful sound by the xiaomi mi drone motors. We’ll see if the same awful sounding motors will be used on the xiaomi x8 se drone. It’s a dealbreaker for me if it does.
I have the Xiaomi 4k drone and the motors to me sound just like any other drone. Maybe a little different but at the end of the day they performed very well.

I have the Xiaomi 4k drone and the motors to me sound just like any other drone. Maybe a little different but at the end of the day they performed very well.

It was the Xiaomi Fimi A3 drone that had that annoying sound.

It was the Xiaomi Fimi A3 drone that had that annoying sound.
Between the A3 and the X8, I am interested more in the A3... It's not a 4k drone but I love the control remote with the integrated screen. This is how drones should be designed in 2019 and beyond. Yuneec's drones have this feature in their remote control, but I hate their quality control.

Before getting a MPP I had the Xiaomi mi drone and was very impressed.
The MPP I have now is defensively better, but was also twice as expensive.
Now Xiaomi is coming out with a new, fordable drone, the x8.
  • $400
  • 5km range
  • 4K, 100Mbps Video
  • 33 min flight time
  • I also like the controller design.
Would this be an upgrade from a Mavic Pro (Platinum)? Maybe something between the Mavic I and Mavic II?

What do you guys think? Xiaomi's New FIMI X8 SE Foldable Drone - FilterGrade

View attachment 55760

View attachment 55761
Bear in mind. There's one major drawback to the FIMI 8 SE. It doesn't have collision avoidance. To me, that's critical because I like to shoot video. With CA I can get more dramatic video because of the ability to fly fast, close and in between obstacles such as trees, bridges, etc. Because of CA I have the confidence to fly closer at full speed and it's saved my bird numerous occasions. If you're going strictly for price alone and you don't care about flying close to obstacles, this drone probably would be suitable for a while. This drone is in the same class as a Mavic Air. Research the differences. Don't assume stated specs such as flight time and video quality are fact. Check actual user tests. That goes for any drone (or any product).

You know you have just resurrected a thread that is a year old?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu