DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yagi range extenders ? Parabollic "mirrors" ? Really needed for Mini 2 in Europe

laurent45

Reactions
Hello All

I am new to Mini 2. But I saw a lot of videos about Yagi extenders, and it is really confusing , and in addition the answer might be different whether you live in Europe (like myself) or not.
Maybe my question is a nobrainer as the Mini 2 has OccuSync technology.
Also I do not plan to fly my MM2 far away, I guess no more than 1 miles away.. more generally around 0,5 miles so that I can bring it back even with some wind.

And if Yagi antenna are needed, I saw a lot of them in Ebay at different prices... are they all the same... or some are just a bunch of plastic and metal.

I have the same question of the usefulness of those kind of parabolic mirrors you can put on the controller antenna

Thanks in advance for your fedback

You get good range with OcuSync 2.0
10km 720p Video Transmission

Not only good range, just as important is good penetration through trees, buildings, etc. With occusync you do not need yagis.

Hello All

I am new to Mini 2. But I saw a lot of videos about Yagi extenders, and it is really confusing , and in addition the answer might be different whether you live in Europe (like myself) or not.
Also I do not plan to fly my MM2 far away, I guess no more than 1 miles away.. more generally around 0,5 miles so that I can bring it back even with some wind.

And if Yagi antenna are needed, I saw a lot of them in Ebay at different prices... are they all the same... or some are just a bunch of plastic and metal.

I have the same question of the usefulness of those kind of parabolic mirrors you can put on the controller antenna

I live in Canada so it doesn't apply here, but I've read that transmission power has indeed been restricted on all drones sold in the EU. Keep in mind that there is also a restriction on how far you can fly the drone. According to current regulations it must remain in VLOS (visual line of sight) at all times.

Hello All

If in Europe and want the FCC mode try the Drone-Hacks Companion - works well...

If you use an Iphone you can install the FCC hack. There's a facebook group. Works really well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa