DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yagi Signal Booster

Hill Top Rez

Reactions
I purchased a Yagi 5.8MHz signal booster from an individual in the US that 3D prints them and sells them on eBay, item 153961889781. The quality is very good. I live in a rural area with mountains and ridges surrounding me. The maximum distance from my house that I could get with the MM was 3460 Ft over the one ridge before the signal began to flutter and I would lose video signal. With the Yagi booster, I flew 4634 Ft yesterday with no signal lose and returned back just because I started to get some wind alarms and decided to wait to another day to test it out further. I am impressed with the additional distance and strong video signal.

Any pictures

That's an impressive looing Yagi!

I forget where I saw it a few weeks back in this forum, but a breakdown photo showed both the mini's antenna "filaments" are not situated in exactly the same position. The right antenna was actually about an inch lower so the thought was to modify the right Yagi so it would slide down a bit lower to properly line up to maximize the effect.

I purchased a Yagi 5.8MHz signal booster from an individual in the US that 3D prints them and sells them on eBay, item 153961889781. The quality is very good. I live in a rural area with mountains and ridges surrounding me. The maximum distance from my house that I could get with the MM was 3460 Ft over the one ridge before the signal began to flutter and I would lose video signal. With the Yagi booster, I flew 4634 Ft yesterday with no signal lose and returned back just because I started to get some wind alarms and decided to wait to another day to test it out further. I am impressed with the additional distance and strong video signal.
Just saw the listing and the youtube video they put on there,, it looks very good actually , flying around 5KM (3.1 miles) in open space where there is no interference elements make me more interested in this yagi Antenna. I will do little more research about them and I think I might place an order soon.

I believe there are two different types of Yagi antennas based on the frequency being used, but I'm not sure

2.4ghz - 4 poles design -
1593076343243.png

5.8ghz - 6 poles design

1593077116567.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ali H Alhosani
[QUOTE = "Hill Top Rez, publicação: 1036758, membro: 125309"]
Veja o anexo. Desculpe perder tanto. Dias ocupados.
[/ CITAR]

Que tamanho cortou uma parte de metal?

Attachments

• yagis.jpg
    yagis.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 22
[QUOTE = "Hill Top Rez, publicação: 1036758, membro: 125309"]
Veja o anexo. Desculpe perder tanto. Dias ocupados.
[/ CITAR]

Que tamanho cortou uma parte de metal?

Short is 15mm
Long is 25mm

I recently purchased the yagi antenna.
They will be here by Monday. I hope they will work great for me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members