DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yep. New stuff is coming

I have heard from a good source about an OS4 air Unit in 2024 along with an FPV 2 and an Avata ( new frame!?) But We have been hearing this for quite some time now with differing dates and no new Product-Yet!
I am too the point that I want to see it in their hands before I say "The OS4 Stuff's coming out".

Reactions: Torque
oooooh! That would be nice.
Would be nice But No- I thought about trying it with some Apple vision Pros BUT another Member pointed out the "unaided" eye clause in the regs They still have a camera mounted to the outside so you can see- SO it would be out of line of site really.

🤔 Wonder if I could return the used twice set I got from Amazon for $5XX and grab a set from 'dem guys...

Would be nice But No- I thought about trying it with some Apple vision Pros BUT another Member pointed out the "unaided" eye clause in the regs They still have a camera mounted to the outside so you can see- SO it would be out of line of site really.

I don't know that "unaided" is clearly defined enough to rule that out... after all, corrective lenses are allowed, and I can tell you without question it aids my vision 😁

Again, I don't know if it's actually defined anywhere in the regs, but I think this restriction is targeted at magnification, not something that allows you to see.

I thought it my be some kind of goggle that had space for the eye to be unaided. I didn't know it was a camera system. They do have vision systems that actually shoot individual light rays into the eye which hit the retina itself, giving you a stereoscopic view of an image, superimposed over the environment around you (they work great for augmented reality). These goggles allow you to focus on the light hitting your retina. The system allows the brain to pay attention to the image hitting the retina and can instantly change when you change your focal length when looking far away at the drone. Thus, you can focus on the display on your retina, or the drone simply by changing the focal distance of the lens in your eye.

These systems exist. but aren't perfect yet. They are expensive, and not many have been sold.

I thought it my be some kind of goggle that had space for the eye to be unaided. I didn't know it was a camera system. They do have vision systems that actually shoot individual light rays into the eye which hit the retina itself,

Uh, that's how you see all the time.

In fact, current DJI goggles shoot light rays into the eye which hit the retina itself. That's how you see the camera image from the drone.

Got a link?

The retina is literally a projection screen.

I think what you may be talking about are complex optical systems that present two different focal lengths to the eye combined prismatically so the focal path "lengths" are preserved. This allows resolution of two images, each in focus at different apparent distances (near/far) requiring the lens in your eye to refocus. When the near image is in focus, the far image is blurry and smeared. The brain can learn to mostly ignore the smeared stuff and filter out the sharp, defined images.

Light rays are beamed into your eye by this device just like they are from you table lamp.

Last edited:
Uh, that's how you see all the time.

In fact, current DJI goggles shoot light rays into the eye which hit the retina itself. That's how you see the camera image from the drone.

Got a link?

The retina is literally a projection screen.

I think what you may be talking about are complex optical systems that present two different focal lengths to the eye combined prismatically so the focal path "lengths" are preserved. This allows resolution of two images, each in focus at different apparent distances (near/far) requiring the lens in your eye to refocus. When the near image is in focus, the far image is blurry and smeared. The brain can learn to mostly ignore the smeared stuff and filter out the sharp, defined images.

Light rays are beamed into your eye by this device just like they are from you table lamp.

Thanks!

Light Drive.

Unfortunately, it doesn't do what you thought. Can't swap images by looking off-center. You can only disable the graphic overly the laser is creating by looking off-center.

What we'd like is a system that shows the drone camera image when looking straight ahead, but shows the surrounding environment when you move your eyes off-center. Light Drive can't do that yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife