Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yes, I sadly lost my mavic. Any ideas?

Hi.
Im in UK too
I usually fly litchi waypoint missions
I also hadnt used my mavic for 2 months

Tried again a few days ago and got similar results to you rabidhyena:
"When it first went up into the air it kept dropping signal even though it was only 50 feet away...... failed attempts to upload the waypoints..... finally accepted it and set off on its mission...... frequent disconnects.....Pretty much straight away signal was lost"
This was just after I upgraded with dji firmware...coincidence?
Im wondering if theres a compatability issue now between dji and litchi?
I havent lost my mavic (yet) but dead scared to fly it when getting so many disconnects. ...
Should i try reinstalling both litchi and dji? I would lose all my recorded flights as i dont use the cloud.

Hi.
Im in UK too

"When it first went up into the air it kept dropping signal even though it was only 50 feet away...... failed attempts to upload the waypoints..... finally accepted it and set off on its mission...... frequent disconnects.....Pretty much straight away signal was lost"
I havent lost my mavic (yet) but dead scared to fly it when getting so many disconnects. ...
Should i try reinstalling both litchi and dji? I would lose all my recorded flights as i dont use the cloud.
Try to use the DJI go app to see if you need to calibrate or update something in your aircraft.

Hmmm
I didnt update my firmware etc though, But it does seem a coincidence.
Probably worth people taking the drone down if they experience this sort of behaviour.
Its weird that the controller was showing its range but the phone wouldn't connect. And also, at 150m i should have been able to hear it.

Just another thought, my phone did an update in-between this and last flight. I have a samsung s8+. What phone do you use scottish?
This is the problem, so many variables.

Hi.
Im in UK too

Samsung s7 is my phone.

Until feb it all worked fine. didnt fly in march ... then suddenly lots of disconnects . ill try again soon and will just use djigo4 at first but i feel thats part of the problem.... the controller is confused about whther go4 or litchi is in charge. Im tempted to take go4 off my phone completely.

I dunno if by removing Go4, it will remove the SDK, then Litchi wouldnt work at all??? Interesting test??

Unfortunately, that won't be possible since the OP was flying with Litchi.
It worked for me after I crash-landed in thick brush. Now tht i recall, I may have gotten the lat/long from Litchi and entered it into Go4.

Litchi works without DJIGo on my iPad.
I agree, When I use autopilot on my Ipad I make sure DJI GO4 is closed. You don't need Go4 loaded or even on the devise to use Litchi or Autopilot.

I agree, When I use autopilot on my Ipad I make sure DJI GO4 is closed. You don't need Go4 loaded or even on the devise to use Litchi or Autopilot.
You are missing my point... Not Go4 is closed, shut or disabled...
NO Go 4 on the device, none, zero, gone, formatted.......that is the test I am thinking of.

You are missing my point... Not Go4 is closed, shut or disabled...
NO Go 4 on the device, none, zero, gone, formatted.......that is the test I am thinking of.

I'm not missing your point. That is why my reply said not loaded. Or on the device. The word ON, means,.... ON. No need for testing, it has already been done. If you don't believe me, and I'm sure you won't, Delete the app ( delete means NOT ON the device ) and give it a whirl yourself. You won't discover anything new.

Last edited:
I'm not missing your point. That is why my reply said not loaded. Or on the device. The word ON, means,.... ON. No need for testing, it has already been done. If you don't believe me, and I'm sure you won't, Delete the app ( delete means NOT ON the device ) and give it a whirl yourself. You won't discover anything new.

William Ball is correct.

In what regard??? Not loaded, or closed..... ffs
Is the SDK still on your device like a driver for a printer for example....

I am over this thread, over trivial ****.
I am not replying to you.....ksmusa....
William said 'When I use autopilot on my Ipad I make sure DJI GO4 is closed'
To me, that means its on the ipad???
Move on ffs...I will be..

Reactions: CandyMan_ZA
Hi Simmo, ksmusa and William Ball
Please dont leave the thread you are actually onto the problem I feel and possibly the solution too
Lets just be nice to each other though !!!!!
I feel sure that I am getting the disconnects from Litchi because DGI go4 is cutting in, to over rule it. So I need to stop it...the question is how far do I need to go?
Turn it off?
Start with no apps and dont load djigo4?
Force stop?
Make Litchi the default app?
Uninstall Dji go4?
Remove it (go4) entirely from my phone?

Previously when everything worked I was given the option of which I wanted to make my default app but since I have upgraded my firmware of dji I don t seem to get that message any more. I think thats the problem.
I even went onto app settings, then chose Dji and where it says "set as default" I cleared it, but soon after it came back again!

Its a real pain and dangerous if I fly litchi

Please excuse my bad typing and bad grammer etc

Reactions: ksmusa
Hi Simmo, ksmusa and William Ball
Please dont leave the thread you are actually onto the problem I feel and possibly the solution too
Lets just be nice to each other though !!!!!
I feel sure that I am getting the disconnects from Litchi because DGI go4 is cutting in, to over rule it. So I need to stop it...the question is how far do I need to go?
Turn it off?
Start with no apps and dont load djigo4?
Force stop?
Make Litchi the default app?
Uninstall Dji go4?
Remove it (go4) entirely from my phone?

Previously when everything worked I was given the option of which I wanted to make my default app but since I have upgraded my firmware of dji I don t seem to get that message any more. I think thats the problem.
I even went onto app settings, then chose Dji and where it says "set as default" I cleared it, but soon after it came back again!

Its a real pain and dangerous if I fly litchi

Please excuse my bad typing and bad grammer etc

Thanks. I sincerely intended to help. Sorry if angered anyone.

Reactions: marcosvc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM