DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet Another New Pilot here...

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the DJI family , looking forward to all your insight as we also own them all.

Many of us would agree that flying and comparing the drones is part of the adventure.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI Drones in the Rain and Land on Water.
We nominate the Air 2 as the drone of the decade.
Thank you!

I had a very similar path as you. First I had a cheap POS (and defective) drone from Banggood. After that fiasco I got a Mini 1, actually pretty happy, and much happier than the cheap Chines drone, but not fully satisfied because the wind kept me from flying half the time. Then a Mavic 2 Pro. I really liked the Mini, but sold it to upgrade to a Mini 2. I had a few speed bumps with my first unit so had to exchange it, but pretty happy with the replacement, though the controller is a behemoth.
Don't forget DJI is also a chines drone

Don't forget DJI is also a chines drone
That's true. But they have a tremendous presence, including a warehouse in the USA where they do sales and repairs.

My "first" drone was an Eachine X4 from Banggood. It came out the box defective. Let's just Banggood did not liveup to their warranty and wanted me to pay $60 to ship it back to China before they would do anything. I knew it would be 3-4 weeks before they *might* authorize a refund and 5-8 weeks before I might get a replacement. I scanned the US to see if ANY facility might be able to repair this drone, and could not find anyone. Ultimately, with the help of my bank I got a refund... and used it to buy my first decent drone- a Mini.

WELCOME to the forum :)

That's very interesting. Yeah, I started it all with two SYMA Helicopters, then got the Syma TF1001 in black/yellow. THIS one actually flew like a REAL drone, unlike the 'copters! After that, I bought three small quads... which all sucked! Then, I got my first BIG quad, the SYMA X8-HC. I then got two more of the same models, just with different cameras. They worked fine, but the batteries would only last about 10 minutes! I got two BLADE Helicopters, as well as one from RONSHIN XK... which all flew VERY well. I didn't get my rush yet. Then... on that fateful day... I saw the MAVIC Mini at Best Buy, and THAT little drone put me on the path!!! Added to it, I got the AIR 2, the 2 ZOOM, and just last week I got the Mini 2... which works FLAWLESSLY. btw...! Someday I will be ready for the next level, unless I am missing something in the PHANTOM area...? I can't see myself with anything from the SKYDIO lineup yet, but, who knows?

ANYhoo... that's MY resume'...!

For the record, guys... I am still waiting to get a reply/response from being "faked out" on that wanna-be FAADRONEZONE site. When I thought I was "registering" my AIR 2 and 2 ZOOM they took me for about $76.00!! I tried in VAIN to "request a refund", but got no response yet. So... all I can do now is hope that they sent me the "stuff" that I PAID for. If so, I will simply write it all off as a lesson learned. If they DON'T, then I will have to take the next step toward a solution! :(

Yeah, see... I want to be like YOU when I grow up!!! ? (for real) I want my credentials too!!

I've been "at this" for a few decades lol :)

Keep us posted on your Registration fiasco. Hopefully you'll get your decals and information in the mail soon.

Did they send you an email with your Reg# at least?

I've been "at this" for a few decades lol :)

Keep us posted on your Registration fiasco. Hopefully you'll get your decals and information in the mail soon.

Did they send you an email with your Reg# at least?
Negative. What I DID get was a "confirmation" e-mail for me to input my order #, and that was it. The next e-mail from them was for me to log on to their website again to "check" my status... which I did... and that's where the game ends! So now, I wait to see if (at least) they hold up THEIR end of this deal. If I get what I paid for, then fine. Thing is, I went to the REAL FAA site, and after about 4 MINUTES and FIVE BUCKS, my drones are all registered!! (smacks forehead with palm/shakes head slowly). Shame on ME.

Negative. What I DID get was a "confirmation" e-mail for me to input my order #, and that was it. The next e-mail from them was for me to log on to their website again to "check" my status... which I did... and that's where the game ends! So now, I wait to see if (at least) they hold up THEIR end of this deal. If I get what I paid for, then fine. Thing is, I went to the REAL FAA site, and after about 4 MINUTES and FIVE BUCKS, my drones are all registered!! (smacks forehead with palm/shakes head slowly). Shame on ME.

Fortunately, it's "only" $76 if you don't get it back.

Good luck and Safe Flights :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser