DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 You all will love this. MASSIVE BEE COLONY APPROACHED BY MAVIC 3. What? You think I was gonna do it? The music makes it fun too watch.

That's a swarm and a local bee keeper would probably welcome being told it is there.....providing there aren't Africanised bees in the area it's a freebie nucleus for them unless it was from one of their own hives.
I don't know how defensive an Africanised swarm is but ..... if there are Africanised bees in the area then I would leave it well alone and it probably should be reported to the authorities.
From memory Africanised hives like to cast swarms, as a means of propagation, more so than normal honey bees.

Last edited:
when you appeared and flew around them ,they were probably thinking ,why don't you just BUZZ OFF and go fly somewhere else

Definitely class BEE airspace.

Please contact a local bee keeper as they will happily collect them and give them a new home.

Honey bees are precious and disappearing.

Thanks for sharing. 🐝🐝🐝🐝

As above. Apparently a queen and her cohorts established a bee colony on the corner of a chain linked fence over night. It adds security to the fence.

IT"S CRAZY !

I am a beekeeper and one of my hives swarmed two days ago. And the comments about the nuc are dead-on. Another local beekeeper would be happy to take them. When our hives swarm (happens every couple years) - our Italian bees typically raise a new queen to replace the previous queen. If they fail to raise a new queen, then we will purchase another nuc for that hive. Interesting to see they landed on a metal pole. Most seek out vegetation or structures.

Reactions: Hauptmann
I am a beekeeper and one of my hives swarmed two days ago. And the comments about the nuc are dead-on. Another local beekeeper would be happy to take them. When our hives swarm (happens every couple years) - our Italian bees typically raise a new queen to replace the previous queen. If they fail to raise a new queen, then we will purchase another nuc for that hive. Interesting to see they landed on a metal pole. Most seek out vegetation or structures.
Ex bee keeper here too, Buckfasts and British Blacks, the latter were 'grumpy'.
Due to force of circumstance I have been into Buckfast hive with out any gear on and without a smoker. With the BB's it was always full suit, smoker and gloves etc..

Last edited:
Don't worry.. Bee happy. Ask for free honey if you call a beekeeper. BEE careful around that swarm. Looks like they have posted their new location for their hive.

Last edited:
I thought for sure that you would have chosen “Flight of the Bumblebee” for the soundtrack!
YouTube editor has a selection of music tracks that are standard and updated periodically. My choice of music was limited to YouTube's soundtrack list. However, you are right, the first song that popped into my head was the Flight of the Bumblebee. I could have searched for it, but I don't know if it's copyrighted. If it still is, YouTube wouldn't have let me add it and post the video. So, I just stuck with their list. I liked the soundtrack I chose. It lended a certain entertaining value to the video.

Your drone didn’t appear to phase them at all. They seemed very focused.
Yeah, I was surprised by that. It didn't phase them a bit. The drone came within three feet of them. They didn't flinch. No swarming or agitation whatsoever. I wondered to myself though. I wondered, did any bees try to attack the drone? It didn't look like it, but if they did try, I wouldn't want to beeeee the unlucky one that buzzed a prop.

@Don Testme its a good job they were Bees and not wasps, they would have attacked the drone for sure, and you would have been cleaning off the splatter for ages

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54