DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You can only fly one RPA at a time

Fleek

Reactions
Australia has the drone regulation that 'You can only fly one RPA at a time'. Who flies multiple drones simultaneously other than those professional swarm flying acts?

Judging from past posts here, now that there’s a rule against it half the people here will be wanting to do it

Reactions: Fleek
Judging from past posts here, now that there’s a rule against it half the people here will be wanting to do it
You are so right! I've been thinking all day of the possibilities & trying like heck to think of a practical application. ;)

Kind of silly rule.. I would just say, Yes, I am flying one... the OTHER one is flying itself, on a waypoint mission, or an orbit, :) ie TECHNICALITY!
It says that you can fly one at a time, so you fly it, set it up for the waypoint or autonomous flight, then stop flying that one because its doing its own thing, then start flying another one. Is there a regulation that says you have to maintain control of it at all times? I have only ever seen one that says you have to have Line of sight, and cannot use FPV goggles.. Worth looking into if you want to challenge it.

As to the question why/how would you use two or more at the same time.. easy.. if you want to film an event that happens one time, and you want to set up one drone in an orbit while flying another one in a different pattern, or a close up of something.. like filming a set up scenario. Bridge demolition, car crash etc. For when you have one chance to get the video.

Id be scared of losing the bird if I flew two. You never know what goes on up there. What if one needs to autoland into the drink while you think it's doing a mission ?

When I fly the one I'm always monitoring the telemetry data including speed against or with wind, battery voltage/temp/percentage/individual cell voltage, motor rpm, time to return to home etc then occasionally getting a happy snap or playing with camera settings. Two drones for me would just be asking for trouble, at least for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem