DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You can't fly your drone here

Simple, governments want control of the skies, they don't trust the general public and concerns over any threats. I just gave up and sold all my birds as I didn't need the BS from our gov to the uneducated brainwashed citizens believe everything their gov tells them.

To be fair, the government is required to control the skies. There would be a lot more discontent in general if they didn't.

Reactions: PAW
Every time I've mentioned my drone to a woman, they laugh and make a joke about nude sunbathing in their backyard. I'm seriously thinking that's a real thing. Too many "jokes" now.

[ <-- i'll be right back, I'm going back and checking my high-altitude neighborhood shots ]
Mention it is not a problem because you also sun bathe a la natural, and they'll be asking what is the best drone for recreational purposes...................

You can't fly your drone here.

Why not?

- It's not allowed
- We have a policy against it
- There is an ordinance against it
- You can put someone's eye out with that thing (thanks to my mom for this one. It covers a lot of items)
- It could drop out of the sky and hurt someone (emergency rooms are on alert)
- You might hit an airplane
- It's a privacy violation
- It makes too much noise
- You're in a National Park
- You're in a National Historic Park (Excuse me. I stand corrected)
- It scares the wildlife
- It interferes with the power lines
- It intercepts phone calls
- Someone might shoot it down
- You have to wait an hour after you eat
- Solar eclipse
- Lunar eclipse

I think that about covers it.

Mavic 2 Pro. It's a camera
I for one am rathèr discouraged about having bought my M2P. Nowhere to fly except in the
Boon-docks! Did I spell it correctly?

You forgot the the spinning propellers could cause tornado on the other side of the continent. It’s a butterfly effect thing...
Drones do not cause tornadoes at all. I heard the government does that now. LOL

"They're afraid that someone might be having more fun than them, and they can't stand it. "

Lol... for sure there's bound to be some basic jealousy. Same for ebikes and other cool tech.

I got a Google Glass unit back in 2014. Super fantastic gizmo. Basically a cell phone/iPad on your face. Ok it looked a bit dorkey. But wow was it ever handy. Heads up google maps, texts, google, pictures...

Still... people would always ask "Are you recording me". To which, on a bad day, I might make a snarky reply like "No... why? Are you doing something interesting?"

Often I would get "Can it tell who I am?" to which I would reply "yes... but only if you are on the sex offender registry".

That sounds like a joke but it was almost true. There was actually a beta app for that. Unfortunately it didn't work very well. It flagged my friends small white scottsdale wife as a 350lb black rapist with facial tattoos. I didn't tell her.

Best ever question... "Can you see through clothes?"

glass.jpg

It's basically ignorance. What people don't know, they fear.

How I handled it on good days... I would stop, take them off and say "would you like to try them?" Then I'd run a brief demo, let them snap a few pics and use maps or whatever. Every single time I did that the encounter ended up being very positive although Glass was eventually scrapped by Google.

I don't advise letting everybody try your drone but when it's appropriate a bit of PR can go a long way. Think of yourself as an ambassador for the new tech.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BD0G
I heard that tornados were caused by *** rights.

Therefore, drones are obviously ***.

Edit: Seriously, you censored that word? Ok, another word for happy, means people who like the same gender.

To be fair, the government is required to control the skies. There would be a lot more discontent in general if they didn't.
Not really , there was no law or “control” of the skies from day 1 when gas powered RC planes, helicopters took flight but like with anything else Gov not only want and have control over the skies,, they think the skies are theirs, owned, controlled and taxed by them..(remember talking about drone industry) .Like any democratic, social government like Canada, offered their citizens an open forum to provide suggestions, feedback etc how to deal with drones in Canadian provincial and national skies..The problem ,, it was just for show, they had already put in place a system to control drones in our skies and there was communique mentioning how much money Gov can make with specific companies in place then taxed. It was an opportunity to lower unemployment etc.. It became a BS political money making scheme. This is the reality of the situation at least in Canada but likely not for most countries. Unfortunately there are not enough voices to stand up for our rights . I created a petition and only 5K people signed and was totally ignored by our infamous Transport minister. We needed at least a good 250K signatures and then maybe something could have been done, maybe !!?? The laws in place are so ridiculous makes me sick..Perhaps in another 5 to 10 years when the technology is so advanced, more people will become involved which will bring more pressure to loosen up the laws.. Regulating the drone industry has nothing to do with safety , it’s all to do with smoke and mirrors with end result of creating another money making scheme, that’s the Canadian way . I am only referring to Canada because we have one of the most severe, restrictive drone laws in the world. Sorry I was just venting lol!!

"They're afraid that someone might be having more fun than them, and they can't stand it. "

Lol... for sure there's bound to be some basic jealousy. Same for ebikes and other cool tech.

I got a Google Glass unit back in 2014. Super fantastic gizmo. Basically a cell phone/iPad on your face. Ok it looked a bit dorkey. But wow was it ever handy. Heads up google maps, texts, google, pictures...

Still... people would always ask "Are you recording me". To which, on a bad day, I might make a snarky reply like "No... why? Are you doing something interesting?"

Often I would get "Can it tell who I am?" to which I would reply "yes... but only if you are on the sex offender registry".

That sounds like a joke but it was almost true. There was actually a beta app for that. Unfortunately it didn't work very well. It flagged my friends small white scottsdale wife as a 350lb black rapist with facial tattoos. I didn't tell her.

Best ever question... "Can you see through clothes?"

View attachment 81768

It's basically ignorance. What people don't know, they fear.

How I handled it on good days... I would stop, take them off and say "would you like to try them?" Then I'd run a brief demo, let them snap a few pics and use maps or whatever. Every single time I did that the encounter ended up being very positive although Glass was eventually scrapped by Google.

I don't advise letting everybody try your drone but when it's appropriate a bit of PR can go a long way. Think of yourself as an ambassador for the new tech.
Great post, but unfortunately Drone industry has another layer of government control and that’s the biggest hurdle , nevertheless PR is the way to sway governments!!

Not really , there was no law or “control” of the skies from day 1 when gas powered RC planes, helicopters took flight but like with anything else Gov not only want and have control over the skies,, they think the skies are theirs, owned, controlled and taxed by them..(remember talking about drone industry) .Like any democratic, social government like Canada, offered their citizens an open forum to provide suggestions, feedback etc how to deal with drones in Canadian provincial and national skies..The problem ,, it was just for show, they had already put in place a system to control drones in our skies and there was communique mentioning how much money Gov can make with specific companies in place then taxed. It was an opportunity to lower unemployment etc.. It became a BS political money making scheme. This is the reality of the situation at least in Canada but likely not for most countries. Unfortunately there are not enough voices to stand up for our rights . I created a petition and only 5K people signed and was totally ignored by our infamous Transport minister. We needed at least a good 250K signatures and then maybe something could have been done, maybe !!?? The laws in place are so ridiculous makes me sick..Perhaps in another 5 to 10 years when the technology is so advanced, more people will become involved which will bring more pressure to loosen up the laws.. Regulating the drone industry has nothing to do with safety , it’s all to do with smoke and mirrors with end result of creating another money making scheme, that’s the Canadian way . I am only referring to Canada because we have one of the most severe, restrictive drone laws in the world. Sorry I was just venting lol!!

I'm not going to try to argue with you, since you obviously believe that you have some kind of right to use the airspace. Good luck pursuing that goal.

I'm not going to try to argue with you, since you obviously believe that you have some kind of right to use the airspace. Good luck pursuing that goal.
Not right, but a voice....

oH and by the way, I’m all for the US regulations, have a read Canadian regulations and let me know what you think...I believe you would agree with me overly restrictive most of people I know have sold their drones because no matter if you follow the rules, you still can’t fly unless you are 2 hours away of most metropolitan cities in Canada.

oH and by the way, I’m all for the US regulations, have a read Canadian regulations and let me know what you think...I believe you would agree with me overly restrictive most of people I know have sold their drones because no matter if you follow the rules, you still can’t fly unless you are 2 hours away of most metropolitan cities in Canada.

You appeared to be railing against all government regulation of airspace, hence my comment. I realize that there is considerable dissatisfaction with the Canadian approach.

Every time I've mentioned my drone to a woman, they laugh and make a joke about nude sunbathing in their backyard. I'm seriously thinking that's a real thing. Too many "jokes" now.

[ <-- i'll be right back, I'm going back and checking my high-altitude neighborhood shots ]

I can say, from a variety of experiences, that many, many, many women do sunbathe nude or at least topless. First off my wife being one of them as she hates tan lines. I grew up around aviation, dad's a retired airline captain, I solo'd at 16 and had my private at 18 (in 1987) and finished my commercial/instrument training at 19. The result of that was seeing a lot of women nude on their back porches, yards, decks while on short final into my home airport, and as a young pilot taking buddies up over a few nude beaches.

I've also had a camera in my hands for years and have done a lot of glamour/nude/model portfolio work the last 15 years and I'm good friends with quite a few models who spend countless hours laying out naked, nearly daily if they reside somewhere sunny. Of course once published in a magazine nude they don't care so much about someone seeing them from their drone. But people like my wife, her friends are not quite so keen on an audience, well some of them are but not all of them.

Shortly after getting my first drone we were at a summer party at a friends and that was the first thing a woman asked me when it came up in conversation. She was sure they were meant for nothing other than malicious intent to see naked women in their backyards. I reminded her that I really didn't need to go to that extreme given the number of women, herself included, that are routinely nude in front of my camera, by their choice.

Paparazzi didn't need drones to get intrusive pictures of celebrities. A well positioned tree often sufficed.

I think it's more a problem that e-bikes are evolving towards just being electric dirt bikes. Quieter, but potentially just as damaging to trail systems.
The International Mtn. Biking Association did a study comparing e-bikes to analog bikes and found they are no more destructive to the trail systems. The 24 page study is available on their web site...so get over it and get an e-bike.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7