DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You know how there's that wide angle lens adapter for the Mavic 3...?

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
1. If a wide angle adapter can be a thing, could there be a teleconverter lens adaptor? (Like a 2x, 4x etc). (Or would it need to go at the back off the lens element?)

I know it might turn the F2.8 into an F5.6 or an F11 (typical for a teleconverter), but I'd make that tradeoff to use a good quality sensor. It's got to be an upgrade over the actual tele camera, right? And even at F11, a 4x adapter would turn the 24mm into 96mm, so the DOF might even get shallower (desirable) due to the extra focal length?

2. Also, regarding the actual Wide adapter:
- How's the quality? (I've only seen the DJI Marketing). Are there distortion or aberrations? Unacceptable light loss?
- Do ND filters fit over (or under) that? (And are they special in any way?)
- Does something similar exist for other DJI drones? (Air 2S specifically).

Reactions: Howard70
1. If a wide angle adapter can be a thing, could there be a teleconverter lens adaptor? (Like a 2x, 4x etc). (Or would it need to go at the back off the lens element?)
You can get supplementary close-up lenses to reduce closest focusing distance.
You can get a supplementary wider angle lens.
Televerters are always fitted between the camera and lens.

a 4x adapter would turn the 24mm into 96mm, so the DOF might even get shallower (desirable) due to the extra focal length?
Shallower DoF is desirable?
If you are a portrait photographer, but not for most drone photography.
If you want to play with other focal lengths, the Mavic 3 isn't the drone to do it with.
You'd need a larger drone with a camera that has interchangeable lenses.

I know it might turn the F2.8 into an F5.6 or an F11 (typical for a teleconverter), but I'd make that tradeoff to use a good quality sensor. It's got to be an upgrade over the actual tele camera, right? And even at F11, a 4x adapter would turn the 24mm into 96mm, so the DOF might even get shallower (desirable) due to the extra focal length?

2. Also, regarding the actual Wide adapter:
- How's the quality? (I've only seen the DJI Marketing). Are there distortion or aberrations? Unacceptable light loss?
- Do ND filters fit over (or under) that? (And are they special in any way?)
- Does something similar exist for other DJI drones? (Air 2S specifically).
Maybe a telephoto attachment would be too heavy for the gimbal? I think.

Reactions: Greenflash
Does anyone actually HAVE the Wide angle adapter lens? It has a status of "coming soon" everywhere, and I canceled my order through Moment, the only place that discounted it from $179 to $149, but never actually got it.

Promised for "late November", then "early December" then "Late December" then January, I gave up.. a good deal is only good if the product materializes.

Amazon shows "out of Stock", others show "Pre-order" some with vague "Arriving in January"

I was (am) very interested in the creative potential of a really wide perspective from the M3. But this thin is more vaporware than product.

If anyone know where these actually exist for purchase I would be grateful to learn where that might be. For now, it's like Autel announced it, lol!

Does anyone actually HAVE the Wide angle adapter lens? It has a status of "coming soon" everywhere, and I canceled my order through Moment, the only place that discounted it from $179 to $149, but never actually got it.

Promised for "late November", then "early December" then "Late December" then January, I gave up.. a good deal is only good if the product materializes.

Amazon shows "out of Stock", others show "Pre-order" some with vague "Arriving in January"

I was (am) very interested in the creative potential of a really wide perspective from the M3. But this thin is more vaporware than product.

If anyone know where these actually exist for purchase I would be grateful to learn where that might be. For now, it's like Autel announced it, lol!
They were released for purchase in DJI site yesterday. It is sold out now. But we can expect 3rd party companies to ship them out soon as well

They were released for purchase in DJI site yesterday. It is sold out now. But we can expect 3rd party companies to ship them out soon as well
Does anyone here have one or know someone who has one? Just wondering if they really sold out, I mean is there also a worldwide lens shortage now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242