DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You will NEVER out maneuver a Bald eagle!

That said.. a nesting mother may attack a drone just for being to close to the nest. So, whether your drone looks tasty or not, it might get a few swoops in an effort to "scare" you off.
Absolutely true! Raptors are VERY protective of their nests! I have personally been dived and swooped at and screamed at by protective raptors of many species. Actually scary when they are large like a Red-tailed hawk or Golden eagle.

Sports plus mode straight up until it loses interest and I don't care how high I have to go to do it. If the bird isn't circling to gain altitude then it is expending quite a bit of energy to climb to reach the drone. Unless your drone is low on battery power at the time of the attack it cannot match the drone for very long. There are at least 3 eagles in an area I frequent during the summer. They no longer mess with my drone.

Bald eagles aren't crazy fast. They're more of an opportunistic hunter. Now goldens on the other hand are fast. Just about any falcon will do circles around an eagle. As far as drones are concerned, not a bird on the planet can climb vertically faster than a drone. I use my drone to train my falcons to climb & it takes them some time to get enough altitude to pull the lure from the drone at 400 feet.
AJhyEiX.jpg

gqWWkNh.jpg

Cz3AeLP.jpg

d-sd134818b2d744c18

d-sbddc2c102184cb9b

d-sbddc2c102184cb9b

Reactions: v8juice
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics