DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your best Pictures to date (not videos)s

Worth getting out early today.View attachment 116790
Out of interest, because I am still learning all this drone malarky and editing... the bright sun area in the middle, is there a way of saving more of that without turning everything else black? Or is that just something you have to give a little bit of leeway on and live with it?

I stopped off on my way home from work to get this bridge. The drone wouldn't fly properly, it was being restricted because it is in a red fly zone I think, so I got what I could and landed within a minute or so. Old Mavic Air mk1.DJI_0584.web.jpg

From the ground with my hand camera. I wanted to get one with my bike in too. I know she is an ugly, old nail, but it is my transport.DSC_9638.web.jpg

Out of interest, because I am still learning all this drone malarky and editing... the bright sun area in the middle, is there a way of saving more of that without turning everything else black? Or is that just something you have to give a little bit of leeway on and live with it?
I'm sure if I had spent more time in post, I could have pulled more out of it, but it was just a quick edit. I'm sure with a graduated filter in post and hue shift you can make it whatever shade you like. The dark came more from the vignette more than anything. I plan on revisiting and we'll see what happens.

You can see from facing away, it's far more natural.

50580063427_e553c7a1b6_b.jpg

I'm sure if I had spent more time in post, I could have pulled more out of it, but it was just a quick edit. I'm sure with a graduated filter in post and hue shift you can make it whatever shade you like. The dark came more from the vignette more than anything. I plan on revisiting and we'll see what happens.

Oh wow, just WOW !

Reactions: Rchawks

Sweet! I follow the 90% rule - you'll get 90% "perfect" in 10% of the time it takes you to reach "Perfect". So, if you spend an hour on a project and say, "That's pretty good," you'll then spend another 9 hours working on the project before you say, "That's perfect!" If you're like most of us, "that's pretty good" is good enough. You're image is better than pretty good. I think it catches the essence (more or less) of those foggy autumn mornings in the hill country. Thank you

Reactions: Rchawks and DRONO
Sweet! I follow the 90% rule - you'll get 90% "perfect" in 10% of the time it takes you to reach "Perfect". So, if you spend an hour on a project and say, "That's pretty good," you'll then spend another 9 hours working on the project before you say, "That's perfect!" If you're like most of us, "that's pretty good" is good enough. You're image is better than pretty good. I think it catches the essence (more or less) of those foggy autumn mornings in the hill country. Thank you
For those like me who are still at the elementary stage, that is a good tip.

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
Stonehenge
View attachment 119205

Anglesey Coast, North Wales
View attachment 119206

Birnbeck Pier, Weston-Super-Mare
View attachment 119207

Mount Snowdon, North WalesView attachment 119208

Uffington Neolithic White Horse, Wiltshire
View attachment 119209

Please visit here to see more photographs and videos. Stay Safe.
That Anglesey one, is that Llantwyn? I go to Anglesey a fair bit, but to go fishing, not photographing. I travel for fishing, but I do pictures when and where I am told!

Bighorn sheep with the Rio Grande Gorge between them and our camp. Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the background. Rio Grande del Norte National Monument, Questa, New Mexico, USA. Mavic Air 2.

View attachment 119262

I visited NM a couple of times. Once for the 2 day pronghorn season, once for the Alberquerque balloons. That is a great shot.

Hi KingRat, yes it is. If you are interested, the video I took is here.
Thank you, I have just watched it. A lovely calm day you had for it too. That drone has got some range, with the tide in I take it you were on the beach and to be able to fly the full length, out around Pilot's Cove and the lighthouse under control gives a big insight into the capability of it. The 1" sensor is what I plan to get once I am more proficient at control and video editing - it is a massive subject to learn!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
activmonk