DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your experience with the Mavic Air 2

I posted the experience that my Air2 impressed me the most in a different thread. But I will share the video here...
I am only a hobby flyer, so I haven’t explored the full capabilities of the bird. But I’m in love with hyperlapse, HDR video and active track. Check this out;

Awesome active track demonstration. Did the absence of side sensors cause any issues or close calls when it was tracking you?

Great view! What are your thoughts on the bag? Too small for the items included?

Yip, it’s small Garth - just big enough to hold the drone, controller and two batteries which is all you need if you’re just out for a casual flight. You could also obviously fit the spare sticks and a set of props and your filter box. The Bag itself would be too small on its own for traveling as you would need to take the charger and leads etc. it’s a good quality bag though.

When I travel I have a large Crumpler backpack with foam compartments that nicely fitted my MA1 fly more kit plus a 4th battery, along with my Canon DSLR and lenses.

Reactions: GarthH
My impression after have the MA2 and some flights. I still have my P3P that I started with years ago.
good points;
compact size
some nice flight modes, follows well and avoids most obstacles
Quieter
firmware upgrade made easy
support for larger memory cards
longer flight time

bad points;
I really thought I would get more range. I took it to the same place I flew my P3P, close to the same range.
I much prefer DJI GO to DJI FLY software.

Today I had a battery just die. it was charged 2 days ago, went to fly this morning, nothing, no display when you hit the button. wont charge, wont power aircraft.

this will be my first dealing with DJI support, never had to contact them about my P3P.

Reactions: Rchawks
So I've had the MA2 for about a week and have taken a few flights, mainly to learn the controls and get a feel for the Camera, Hypelapse, and Quick shot maneuvers. Very impressed and very happy with the purchase. This is my first drone, so I would probably have been impressed with just about anything that didn't crash on me.
I have been carful about when I fly it and have had only one text from a neighbor asking me to avoid flying close to their house. (My son was flying, he isn't as careful as I am...)
Have not been able to fly as much as I want due to rain and wind in the area, looking forward to better weather come summer. Though I am tempted to get some shots/video of approaching springtime Thunderstorms. The risk here is misjudging the calm before the storm, could be dangerous for the drone...

This drone is amazing, good range, good HD transmission, i flew 1hour with ... but the biggest thing is , it is so much quiet than i expected, this thing make almost 0 noise compared to the air 1 or mini will moving .

Reactions: mithatrone
This has been corrected by another user (I though the same thing as the note you quoted). After you select the pano, you can pick to save the .jpg or the .dng files (but as later pointed out, not both).

Aha-- glad to hear that. By any chance do you know of any place where one can download the series of images used to create the panorama? Would like to do some tests with the main apps I use.

Aha-- glad to hear that. By any chance do you know of any place where one can download the series of images used to create the panorama? Would like to do some tests with the main apps I use.
I say take them individually, make your own pano if you have the software

I sold my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced a year ago and I haven't flown since. Been wanting a Mavic because of the portability, (I ride motorcycles too) but couldn't decide which one. Then I started seeing Ads for the Air 2 and decided to make the commitment! FedEx is telling me tomorrow May 20 is the day! Looking forward to it. I ordered this thing from the store two weeks ago!!

"Like the Mini, it's too light to efficiently make headway into the wind " - I think not. "weight" has nothing to do with 'making headway into the wind". It will travel at the same air speed regardless of wind - head, tail or none - air speed remains the same.
That's what I was thinking....

I am satisfied with the MA2. In my opinion, DJI priced it for what it is worth and it performed as published. They didn't say it was PERFECT..so I don't expect it. When the Mav 3 is introduced. That is when I will take serious thought on either the Inspire or the Mav 3 .
Still studying for my remote pilot lic..
That is all - Carry on ...
SLIIK
PIC
REC
MA2
MA
MM

Mine has taken three flights so far and everything is good. tested the range and 10k is more then I need so that was great. Picture Quality is amazing. Size is great for travel. yep that's all i have for now.
:)

just finished getting last battery charge and drone activated. Decided to take it out for a quick fly in my back yard, wow that thing is responsive compared to the MA1. Ran the camer through a few test shots, but haven't looked at them yet. Love the HD transmission and so far extremely impressed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes