DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your first Litchi mission; my advice

Former Member

Reactions
Here is my advice before you fly your first Litchi waypoint mission. At first, I would use Litchi in FPV mode, so you can get used to where everything is on the screen in real life. After a few flights in FPV, then I would implement a simple 3 WP mission. If that goes according to plan, then start getting more elaborate with your missions. What I have found is that Litchi is only as good as you program it, and then reality gets involved.

On more complex missions, its a good idea to prefly the mission in FPV, make sure there are no obstacles in your intended flight path. Then once you have an idea of the best altitude, and have your waypoints set up, you can play the mission, but keep your finger on the pause button!

Thanks for the advice, I’ve never really seen much advice for first Litchi (or Drone Deploy Etc).
I have a few on my device but haven’t been game to try them.
Will do the big park / sports oval thing first few test flights, just like first drone flights taken when a newbie flier.
Thanks again.

Reactions: mereflyer
Thanks for the advice, I’ve never really seen much advice for first Litchi (or Drone Deploy Etc).
I have a few on my device but haven’t been game to try them.
Will do the big park / sports oval thing first few test flights, just like first drone flights taken when a newbie flier.
Thanks again.

If you would like some help planning them. let me know. You an share Litchi missions, and I can advise...

Here is my advice before you fly your first Litchi waypoint mission. At first, I would use Litchi in FPV mode, so you can get used to where everything is on the screen in real life. After a few flights in FPV, then I would implement a simple 3 WP mission. If that goes according to plan, then start getting more elaborate with your missions. What I have found is that Litchi is only as good as you program it, and then reality gets involved.

On more complex missions, its a good idea to prefly the mission in FPV, make sure there are no obstacles in your intended flight path. Then once you have an idea of the best altitude, and have your waypoints set up, you can play the mission, but keep your finger on the pause button!
You should also mention Virtual Litchi Mission. It's invaluable for calculating the desired gimbal pitch, focusing on POI's, programming smoother flight paths, etc.

I always use Litchi Virtual Mission and fly through google earth for a 3D flight preview to make sure all heights and humble settings are correct first, never had a failure ( yet ) ?

I just dont recommend it for first time mission planners. KISS is my method with baby steps.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMann
If you would like some help planning them. let me know. You an share Litchi missions, and I can advise...
Thunderdrones, I have had a few successful Litchi missions with my MA, but I am planning a new one using my M2P which is a new bird for me. I always believed, four eyes are better than two. If you don't mind, can I share my planned Litchi mission with you for your input? Will I be asking for trouble by flying over water for the duration (about 10 minutes)? If you don't mind, can you let me know how I go about sharing my mission with you? Either here or you can email me at [email protected]. Thanks. Rich

Reactions: Former Member
I would be happy to help.

You wont be asking for trouble flying over water as long as you take the necessary precautions.

You can share a Litchi mission a few different ways. One way is to do it from mission hub. Click on "missions" "save" and save to your computer. Then you can share it via email or other means.

You can also post a link to it here on the forum and let others see what you did, if its not too private. Click on "missions" then "Link" and copy the URL and post it here.

I would be happy to help.

You wont be asking for trouble flying over water as long as you take the necessary precautions.

You can share a Litchi mission a few different ways. One way is to do it from mission hub. Click on "missions" "save" and save to your computer. Then you can share it via email or other means.

You can also post a link to it here on the forum and let others see what you did, if its not too private. Click on "missions" then "Link" and copy the URL and post it here.

Flying over water: there are no static obstacles (buildings, trees), no metallic objects (stay away from cruise ships), no reinforced concrete. The only main threat (besides an actual failure, which can happen anywhere) is if you let the battery get so low that it has to land where it is.

Flying over ground: aside from the above mentioned obstacles, if you let the battery get too low, you stand a better chance that you're hovering over something good to land on, but there's plenty of bad places to land as well.

Mechanical failure while up in the air: it doesn't really matter if you're over water or hard ground. If you've never had a drone fall out of the sky onto concrete, you know what I mean.

Litchi waypoint missions have some other perils -- good of you to ask here and have the desire to be careful -- I just wanted to post the above to say that flying over water isn't really something to worry about too much.

Chris

Can you try that again? It just took me to my mission hub.

Click on "missions" then "Link" and Litchi will open a new window with the mission in it. copy the URL from the new window and post it here.

Flying over water: there are no static obstacles (buildings, trees), no metallic objects (stay away from cruise ships), no reinforced concrete. The only main threat (besides an actual failure, which can happen anywhere) is if you let the battery get so low that it has to land where it is.

Flying over ground: aside from the above mentioned obstacles, if you let the battery get too low, you stand a better chance that you're hovering over something good to land on, but there's plenty of bad places to land as well.

Mechanical failure while up in the air: it doesn't really matter if you're over water or hard ground. If you've never had a drone fall out of the sky onto concrete, you know what I mean.

Litchi waypoint missions have some other perils -- good of you to ask here and have the desire to be careful -- I just wanted to post the above to say that flying over water isn't really something to worry about too much.

Chris
Thanks Chris.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta