DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your thoughts on props (3rd Party)

jaysrmc

Reactions
My thoughts have always been buy only DJI props but I have been reading a ton of reviews on ebay and amazon that say they preform the same. I am not willing to bet my drone on it but has anyone had any success with 3rd party props. Just curious. I had a small scuffle with branch that cause my prop to cut into the arm and crash. No other damage at all. I did replace them with OEM props. I just wanted to start a discussion and get some educated responses not just F off Jay, use OEM. Thoughts, ladies and fellas?

My thoughts have always been buy only DJI props but I have been reading a ton of reviews on ebay and amazon that say they preform the same. I am not willing to bet my drone on it but has anyone had any success with 3rd party props. Just curious. I had a small scuffle with branch that cause my prop to cut into the arm and crash. No other damage at all. I did replace them with OEM props. I just wanted to start a discussion and get some educated responses not just F off Jay, use OEM. Thoughts, ladies and fellas?
I would highly recommend against using them.
Early on, I wanted to save a few bucks and ordered some 3rd party ones off Amazon.
They had a 4.5 star rating, so I thought they would be fine.
Long story short, two failed simultaneously at the rivits and my Mavic came down hard from about 60-75 feet.
It was an expensive lesson for sure.

Reactions: ckoijun
I would highly recommend against using them.
Early on, I wanted to save a few bucks and ordered some 3rd party ones off Amazon.
They had a 4.5 star rating, so I thought they would be fine.
Long story short, two failed simultaneously at the rivits and my Mavic came down hard from about 60-75 feet.
It was an expensive lesson for sure.
Thanks good to know;

It is not worth what small amount you would save.

Reactions: CarlStarke
I saw that thread but I was checking out the facebook groups and tons of guys are using 3rd party props. I personally ordered OEM because I really don't want to run into problems. I also see good reviews on ebay and amazon so I was checking if something changed and someone was doing it right.

I have a friend that bought after market probs and the locks weren't as tight as DJI. I haven't tried any and don't plan on it.

I bought Two set of the quite props, one for me and one for my flying friend. We both had problems with Adnormal gimble. So we went back to the OEM Orginal props. They are a bit louder, but we stick with what works for us. If it's not broke don't try and fix it..

I bought Two set of the quite props, one for me and one for my flying friend. We both had problems with Adnormal gimble. So we went back to the OEM Orginal props. They are a bit louder, but we stick with what works for us. If it's not broke don't try and fix it..
There is a thread with settings you use for gain that removes the issue with quiet props and the gimble issue.

Check the 4th post in this thread.

One of my flying friends had a screw come loose on his carbon low noise props after he noticed his gimble vibrating . He was lucky as the prop fell off in his hand after he landed it for inspection.

These props are already very well priced, I don’t think the risks of cheaper are worth it.
The props on my inspire are $50 each so the mavic is very well priced

Bought some Third party props, not good results. I too wanted to save a few bucks. No matter what they say, its not worth problems with my Bird. When I put them on and tried flying, my bird shock so
bad even a low altitude that I decided to remove them. And, have not used them again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom