DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Youtube

Your video is good. have not gotten through it all due to length. It appears to be in 480P still, be interesting to know when YT Studio reports the HD Versions are completed.. probably be far more crisp and colorful. My only suggestion for next time, don't use ProRes if that's what you did, you'll be hard pressed to determine the difference. between it and the far smaller files from the high quality settings.. which will be easier to upload and be processed.

did you get any feedback on your audio tracks?

Reactions: Rick243
HD 1080 has been available for me for a few hours. Just verify/select the option with YouTube settings when you view it.

HD 1080 has been available for me for a few hours. Just verify/select the option with YouTube settings when you view it.
I came back to it and got 1440 I think, and it looked much better... the first time though I only got 480, not sure what was up with that..

Just checked again and now 4K is available; it just takes time for YT to process the higher resolution.
I guess it time to cast to 4K--looks great.

Last edited:
I shot this when my Mini 2 was about two weeks old and Randy's swather was on its first use. He kept interrupting the shoot by stopping to chat with the John Deere salesman who showed up at my place to watch.

2K h.264 upload. Copyright-free music by the Mini Vandals

Great video! You did some really nice framing and tracking, not to mention the video quality itself looks good. I’m also in KY, BTW (Lexington).

Next time, export in h.265 and you’ll get a much smaller file. YT seems to like h.265, in my experience. Also, and this is something I’m trying to get better at myself: consider making your cuts shorter, which will result in a shorter but more engaging overall video (with the side effect of smaller files :) ). Keep cutting and watching. Then cut them down again. Cut out any sections where you steer jerkily, or if you can see the drone accelerating or decelerating (this is my own rule, ignore at will). Just some ideas. I struggle mightily myself.

Reactions: Rick243 and Xitor
Hi. New at this, Just wondering how much time it should take to upload short movies to Youtube? I have one currently uploading at 20 hours and only 34% is done...The file size is 49.6 GB, 14:38 long. I think I have a fairly fast wifi here.??? I did select a very high resolution. I want it to be clear when played on a large screen. Should I abort and start over? Thanks in advance for your comments.
The Mavic 2 Zoom records with a maximum bitrate of 100mbps

You exported the video at:
Duration: 14:38m = 878s
Size: 49.6GB = 50.790,4MB = 406.323Mb
Bitrate: 406.323/878 = 463mbps

That's a factor of 10 too high for a 4K Youtube video

Reactions: Rick243 and Lister
Great video. Personally I love 4K. I have a 4K smart TV with the Youtube app and watching the 4K drone videos there is great.

I shot this when my Mini 2 was about two weeks old and Randy's swather was on its first use. He kept interrupting the shoot by stopping to chat with the John Deere salesman who showed up at my place to watch.

2K h.264 upload. Copyright-free music by the Mini Vandals

That played beautifully and at 1080P max on my end.
Great video! You did some really nice framing and tracking, not to mention the video quality itself looks good. I’m also in KY, BTW (Lexington).

Next time, export in h.265 and you’ll get a much smaller file. YT seems to like h.265, in my experience. Also, and this is something I’m trying to get better at myself: consider making your cuts shorter, which will result in a shorter but more engaging overall video (with the side effect of smaller files :) ). Keep cutting and watching. Then cut them down again. Cut out any sections where you steer jerkily, or if you can see the drone accelerating or decelerating (this is my own rule, ignore at will). Just some ideas. I struggle mightily myself.
Thank you! Im down in Corbin, Ky. I’m aware of several shortcomings in the video including the length of it. It was actually much shorter, the length of the first song, and I shared it with the guys on the tractors and they went nuts about it and wanted to add this other music. And seems like no matter how many times I watched it, once uploaded I start to see all these glaring errors! I’m not a pro and don’t aspire to be tho so I don’t spend very much time on editing. The guys on the tractors are very happy with it so I’ll leave it alone and go on to my next project. This next one is clips of a house being built beside my house. I have clips of every step from the first backhoe scoop to the couple moving in. It’s 48 minutes long now haha. Lots of cutting to do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony