DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yup, another disconnected problem

Gouie

Reactions
Hi everyone, I hate to be that guy who’s first post is ‘help me’ but I have an issue that I’ve fighting for weeks and need some expertise.

I have about 10 batteries through the drone and everything has worked perfectly .... I mean absolutely perfect, then the issue. I turn the controller on then the drone and wait for it to connect. I then attach my iPhone 8 and launch the app. It connects fine and shows an image then seconds later it drops off and shows disconnected. The controller is still connected and will operate the drone just fine but no connection to the phone. I can mess about connecting and disconnecting the cable, sometimes I get a few seconds connected other times nothing at all. Thinking it’s my phone I tried my wife’s iPhone 8 but the behaviour is identical.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Hi everyone, I hate to be that guy who’s first post is ‘help me’ but I have an issue that I’ve fighting for weeks and need some expertise.

I have about 10 batteries through the drone and everything has worked perfectly .... I mean absolutely perfect, then the issue. I turn the controller on then the drone and wait for it to connect. I then attach my iPhone 8 and launch the app. It connects fine and shows an image then seconds later it drops off and shows disconnected. The controller is still connected and will operate the drone just fine but no connection to the phone. I can mess about connecting and disconnecting the cable, sometimes I get a few seconds connected other times nothing at all. Thinking it’s my phone I tried my wife’s iPhone 8 but the behaviour is identical.

Appreciate any help you can offer.
Have you tried using a regular phone cable plugged into the button USB port of the controller?

Reactions: Former Member
Well that’s embarrassing, didn’t know that port could be used for that purpose. Will try first thing in the morning.

What also help me was to first turn on the controller, then the Mavic , then the DJIgo4 app. It works better for me.

Quick flight this morning using the USB port at the bottom of the controller and it worked perfectly. Will have to pick up another cable, thanks for the help!

Reactions: MavicCF
What also help me was to first turn on the controller, then the Mavic , then the DJIgo4 app. It works better for me.
I've even had the app open itself in that order. I do think it is important to go in the order you mentioned.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Quick flight this morning using the USB port at the bottom of the controller and it worked perfectly. Will have to pick up another cable, thanks for the help!
For you and anyone else, if that happens again...... I have had that occur, but also while in flight. I just hovered while I rebooted my phone and got the video feed and app back. Nothing else worked and I was not ready to RTH. Don't panic. Just reboot the phone and bring the app up again. This is why I always mention that the PEFECT DRONE will have the monitor built in to the controller.

How does mapping work for those setups that have the screen built in?

How does mapping work for those setups that have the screen built in?
I have no experience mapping. Note: The Autel EVO does have a small monitor in its controller. Nice backup if the app goes down.

By mapping I mean coursing your flight. I use it quite a bit when I lose orientation - just follow the course on the map to get you home.

What do you use to course your flight? Chuck
Exactly, if you lose your app you have no map to look at to get home. It happened to me and I tried to use the distance meter on the controller, moving in a direction showing the distance lessening. That worked a while, then it started increasing again, meaning I was returning at a bad angle. I finally just clicked RTH and home it came, but right over a neighbor's house which I had to apologize for.

What do you use to course your flight? Chuck

I use the native mapping. Its an option that needs enabled - from take off it charts your flight overlaid on top of a google map. Keeping the bird within view isn’t enough when it’s a few hundred meters away - your orientation is completely lost at that distance. I bet I use the mapping 90% of my flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada